Leaking coolant

TRICKBUSA

Registered
MY BUSA IS BRAND NEW 250 MI ON IT AND IT STARTED LEAKING COOLANT, WHEN I CALLED THE SHOP THEY TOLD ME NEW BUSA`S AND 650SV WILL SOMETIMES LEAK NEW AND THEN SEAL THEMSELVES UP AFTER RIDING. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM? THANX FOR ANY HELP.

I have not heard of this happening before.  However, see the thread on overheating and coolant overflow, which is apparently not uncommon.

My Busa never leaked coolant. But my brothers' 84 ninja 900 leaked coolant at the headgasket when new and he was told the same thing. It stopped leaking and never happened again.

But coolant coming from the water pump or the hoses or radiator is a problem. Also coolant coming from the overflow bottle is either from being over filled or the bike is over heating.

I saw what I felt was coolant stains on the lower port of the cowling on the right side and inside on the motor but I could not find the sorce. It has not returned. I had just bought the bike used with 3000k on it. I know I ride hard so thought it could have been me.

lachen011.gif
coolant,vibrations,bad starting, condensation in clocks,noise from clutch. ive got it all. but its fast. has anyone had a sludge in the bottom of there water header tank. i have. one day i started up my busa let it run for a bit when i cam back to it all the water had gone. i put about 1 ltr of water back in the system. i think the sludge blocked the system. suzuki didnt think it was a problem. there are no leeks anywere?

Does anyone know what the "white gunk" is that seems to collect at the bottom of the overflow bottle?  I drained the coolant and flushed the system last season.  Replaced with water wetter and dist. h20.  Noticed that it has returned.  About three weeks ago I noticed the fan running all the time, but no indication of overheating on the guage.  Two weeks ago went cruising around at night in about 65 degree weather and without warning upon stopping it started dumping out the coolant.  I replaced with 50/50 antifreeze and dist. h20.  Last Friday night at the drags it overheated and spilled everything out.  As best I can tell it is the waterpump seal or pump itself.  Ordered new pump, muzzy fan and plan to install both this weekend.  Anyone else had similar problems?

Dameekster
I noticed that I had a coolant leak today when I got to work. There were coolant stains on the lower port of the cowling on the right side, inside on the motor and dripping off the bottom. I took off the side fairing to make sure that the radiator cap was on tight and found that the over flow hose had a split in it about an inch long where it attaches to the filler neck. I don't know how or when this happened but it's fixed now. You might want to check yours.
As for the white gunk in the overflow bottle I had it too. No idea what it is.

My 02 busa had coolant streaks on the lower cowling, Last week i took the sides off and found that all my radiator hose clamps were loose. i used a 1/4 inch nut driver with a 1/4 inch socket to tighten them back up phillips head wasnt enough grip. Have not had a white spot since, and i was geting them daily for a week. Hoses looked dry when i got sides off, but they were loose.

Back