LCW - jet car!

cache

Banned
dude, I finally saw a jet car run in person....

HOLY @#%^!!!!!!!!
AAAssjani.gif

jet powered funny car.. was running high 5's in the mid 230's...

I was told they are waaay de-tuned, this one running only at 30%.

the car in the left lane of this video was running:
http://www.woodburndragstrip.com/x_animations/jets.mpg

There nuts! I've seen them on occasion at Atco raceway and always happen to be sittin' in the "bleach box" burnout area each time. I actually witnessed someone's digital video camera "black out" while the cars took off, only to come back to life after they were some distance away.

yeah I've seen them before in person and DAMN they are LOUD!!!! The guys in our tower have to put their hands on the window to keep it from getting blow out by the concussions of air that vibrate the window so bad
laugh.gif

Yeah, I never seem to get tired of seeing that stuff. Probably cuz I never get to see 'em run. I'm either in the staging lanes or at the top end waiting for my buddy to arrive in one peice.

Oh, and fstbusa isn't exaggerating. When we were in Evadale last summer, the concussions from the burner pops knocked the computer over in the tower.

AAAssjani.gif

BTW: We'll be in San Antonio on the 8th (don't know the track name at the moment). Gonna try to bring my busa to make some passes during the day if they'll let me. Maybe some of you Texas boys can teach me a thing or two...

biggrin.gif

MAY 22-23 at Woodburn Dragstrip, the big season opener, will have jet cars there again....... you guys should come up!!

Back