laguna seca visitors warning

Looks like I have to be home Saturday night. the 26th. I forgot the 27th is Sun Rise service A.K.A. Easter weekend

I can probably take Friday off from work and we could drive down Friday, cruse around Friday afternoon, evening, then hit some roads Saturday then I could head back like around 5:00pm Saturday night.

Charles - do you have a couch you wouldn’t mind me crashing on. Rich can have the bed. Thanks for the offer of us sharing it, but even if we wanted to, us two together would be to big for the bed lol. Besides he would probably just steal my covers anyway, that is what my wife always does
smile.gif

How far are you from Valinda?

Monterey sucks!
MotoGP at Laguna rocks!!

The cops ruined cannery row last year and it looks like they're on par for ruining cannery row this year also. Looks I'll be drive the car into Monterey, I wonder if there's any action people could take before the event??

Ping Ridersnation Ping
yeah no kidding about the police ruining the even.

I mean this is huge. The local shops HAVE to be bringing in a lot of money when Laguna Seca has these events.

You would think that as long as no one is getting killed or robbed the police should back off.

But I guess they have to draw a line somewhere to prevent things from getting out of control. But issuing ticket for loud exhaust. That just seems anal.

I can see not letting people do burn outs on the street, can tear up the street.

I can see not letting people do wheelies up and down the street when it is packed with people. All it takes is for one person to lose control and could wipe out a lot of people.

But busting people for cruising, or loud exhaust, or any else that is not a danger to anyone, that is just a bunch of B.S. in my opinion.

Last year when we were cruising through a had a few officers just give me some real hard looks, I just smiled, waved at them lol.

The funny thing about giving someone a hard look is, if you give a hard look to someone that can be intimidated by it, you usually don’t have to worry about that person anyway. Giving a hard look to someone who CAN'T be intimidated by it is just a waste of face muscle use lol

Looks like I have to be home Saturday night. the 26th. I forgot the 27th is Sun Rise service A.K.A. Easter weekend

I can probably take Friday off from work and we could drive down Friday, cruse around Friday afternoon, evening, then hit some roads Saturday then I could head back like around 5:00pm Saturday night.

Charles - do you have a couch you wouldn’t mind me crashing on. Rich can have the bed. Thanks for the offer of us sharing it, but even if we wanted to, us two together would be to big for the bed lol. Besides he would probably just steal my covers anyway, that is what my wife always does
smile.gif

Yep, I do have a couch. I'm 6' and I can't stretch out on it though.

Where's Valinda??

I'm practically in Long Beach, next to Cerritos.

There are alot of snobs in the Monterey/Carmel area, many of the people are retired with some big $$$$ and the bike event deal is just a big nusiance to them. The hotel and resturants see it as a big pay day and they all jack up their rates. I have done track days at Laguna Seca and they have noise restrictions at the track and limit the number of riders on the track at one time. The whole area, Cities and residents are the special few and really don't care for the bike community.

They should rename Monterey....Beverly Hills North

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108956895 -->

smile.gif

Or we could go 4/2-4/3 I'm flexible as far as which weekend and which routes.
rock.gif

Fellas, Do not trip it is the same law that has been in effect for ten years or more just a couple of cops trying to ante up their quotas. They will not even try to give out cites for the exhaust notes. If any one was there two years ago and remembers the revving contest that i had with the guys across the street. I had the Busa there but also the 12R with a full titanium Muzzy. I took off my can and went up to twelve grand. (I won!) the cops were standing right there NO PROB. the people standing behind on the sidewalk were dazed and confused.

DO NOT TRIP I have been telling you guys I need feedback and this is good so i can talk to the city about OUR concerns as paying patrons.
\
Thanks
Roy

<!--EDIT|RidersNation
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109027911 -->

You know.. I hate it when cities want to screw visitors..

If that is the case I probably will not end up going.

Just like friggen Colorado. Doubt I will be going to the meet and greet because of their (Colorado) recent attitude towards fining anyone $500.00 or more for going in excess of speed.

Personally I dont want to even spend money for lunch in any of these fugged up cities.
And we all thought that RSD was on hiaitus...
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif

You know.. I hate it when cities want to screw visitors..

If that is the case I probably will not end up going.

Just like friggen Colorado. Doubt I will be going to the meet and greet because of their (Colorado) recent attitude towards fining anyone $500.00 or more for going in excess of speed.

Personally I dont want to even spend money for lunch in any of these fugged up cities.
And we all thought that RSD was on hiaitus...
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
He's might be worried about his custom exhaust system....the STREET FIGHTER
tounge.gif
maybe he can install a "cloaking system" that would surely drive the local po po nuts
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back