laguna seca visitors warning

the grinch

Registered
for anyone visiting monterey for the upcoming MotoGP race; it seems that the city of monterey has enacted a noise pollution ordinance directed at loud exhausts(both cars and bikes).they realize that aftermarket exhausts are not legal and have been issuing noise pollution tickets and fix it tickets.i don't know what their enforcement plan is going to be during the race weekend;but i wouldn't doubt them giving a ton of citations on the last day of the event(thereby ensuring that they get all of your money before you leave).it would be difficult to cite everyone ,but if i know the monterey pd they will try

wow.gif

You know.. I hate it when cities want to screw visitors..

If that is the case I probably will not end up going.

Just like friggen Colorado. Doubt I will be going to the meet and greet because of their (Colorado) recent attitude towards fining anyone $500.00 or more for going in excess of speed.

Personally I dont want to even spend money for lunch in any of these fugged up cities.

Just like friggen Colorado. Doubt I will be going to the meet and greet because of their (Colorado) recent attitude towards fining anyone $500.00 or more for going in excess of speed.

Personally I dont want to even spend money for lunch in any of these fugged up cities.
There will be so many bikes at both events that as long as your not trying to get a ticket you should be fine. Ron with your STEALTHY STREET FIGHTER there is no way that they are going to see or hear you coming, let alone catch up with you.  
laugh.gif

you tell them how it is Thrasher.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108854561 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

There will be so many bikes at both events that as long as your not trying to get a ticket you should be fine. Ron with your STEALTHY STREET FIGHTER there is no way that they are going to see or hear you coming, let alone catch up with you.
laugh.gif
Hey Rich.. how goes it.

I THINK they MIGHT hear me coming.

I doubt there will be very many Busa's louder than mine out there.

By the way, when we are hitting it up and down Yosemite, the couple of times I was in front of you and whacked it.. how did it sound?

I have wondered what it sounds like from behind at speeds when I get on it.

Is it loud?

Are you going to Laguna this year?

Hey Ron I'm doin' fine. I had a track day yesterday at Infenion that got rained out, and its raining again today I'm really getting tired of this fuggin rain.

Your exhaust isn't as loud as I thought it would be. It reminds me alot of all those seventies bikes running Kerker headers with no baffles, but with a deeper tone.

I am going to Laguna for sure and planning to take the whole week off.

Are you going to Laguna and what about Colorado?

Do you want to ride next weekend, depending on weather?

sounds like a great way to make sure the US looses it's MotoGP race.

Wouldn't that just be precious...

Hey Ron I'm doin' fine. I had a track day yesterday at Infenion that got rained out, and its raining again today I'm really getting tired of this fuggin rain.

Your exhaust isn't as loud as I thought it would be. It reminds me alot of all those seventies bikes running Kerker headers with no baffles, but with a deeper tone.

Would love to ride next week!!!...

But cant.

We were supposed to take my sons, my oldest sons friends, two nieces and 3 partridge in pear trees to magic mountain this Sunday, however do to the friggen rain the trip has been postponed until next Saturday.

So this weekend and next weekend is shot.

Tell you what I have been wanting to do, head straight over the mountains and take hwy 1 all the way to San Diego when the weather warms up, how does that sound?

Always thought that would be a cool ride… any idea if it is feasible or an enjoyable ride?

I am not sure about Colorado.

My ONLY reason to go would be to hook up with a lot of the board members. And Laguna last year was a bust for that.

My only reason for going to Laguna last year was to meet a lot of the board members, and it didn't seem like there were as many board members there as I thought there would be.

So this year if I do go to Laguna, it is going to be all about the races. I only got to see a small part of the races last year, I hadn't planned on watching much, but the little I did watch really intrigued me. So this year my focus will be to attend the races, probably wont try to hook up with any group rides.

So with that in mind, there was a lot of talk from members about meeting at Laguna last year and at the last minute it seemed like a lot didn’t show.

No big deal, Laguna isn’t that far from me, and I was able to spend time with my cousin who lived there and got to see some of the races. And I got to meet Lo, and you and their group so that was all good.

But I am afraid if I go to Colorado and the same thing happens, hardly anyone shows up. I am going to be a little pissed at the long drive for nothing. So the best way to not be let down is not to put my self in a position to be let down.

And to top it off, forgot who posted the thread, but someone posted a thread awhile back about Colorado law enforcement cracking down on speeders. That’s cool and all if the local law enforcement want to do that, that is their choice, more power to them. I however would prefer to ride in a friendlier environment and not feel like I have a friggen target on my back. And I am thinking my Busa, my normal riding gear, and with California license plates = Speeding target.

So, I guess to summarize

Moto GP - more than likely, but will be there strictly for the races

Colorado - Doubt it.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108870696 -->

I do think we will be alright as long as we are not acting like fools. But you are right I think it is B.S. that the city is holding the only moto GP race in the US and they are trying to get more money out of the people (us) that will end up spending a great deal of money in thier city that week.

Would love to ride next week!!!...

But cant.

We were supposed to take my sons, my oldest sons friends, two nieces and 3 partridge in pear trees to magic mountain this Sunday, however do to the friggen rain the trip has been postponed until next Saturday.

So this weekend and next weekend is shot.

Tell you what I have been wanting to do, head straight over the mountains and take hwy 1 all the way to San Diego when the weather warms up, how does that sound?

Always thought that would be a cool ride… any idea if it is feasible or an enjoyable ride?

I am not sure about Colorado.

My ONLY reason to go would be to hook up with a lot of the board members. And Laguna last year was a bust for that.

My only reason for going to Laguna last year was to meet a lot of the board members, and it didn't seem like there were as many board members there as I thought there would be.

So this year if I do go to Laguna, it is going to be all about the races. I only got to see a small part of the races last year, I hadn't planned on watching much, but the little I did watch really intrigued me. So this year my focus will be to attend the races, probably wont try to hook up with any group rides.

So with that in mind, there was a lot of talk from members about meeting at Laguna last year and at the last minute it seemed like a lot didn’t show.

No big deal, Laguna isn’t that far from me, and I was able to spend time with my cousin who lived there and got to see some of the races. And I got to meet Lo, and you and their group so that was all good.

But I am afraid if I go to Colorado and the same thing happens, hardly anyone shows up. I am going to be a little pissed at the long drive for nothing. So the best way to not be let down is not to put my self in a position to be let down.

And to top it off, forgot who posted the thread, but someone posted a thread awhile back about Colorado law enforcement cracking down on speeders. That’s cool and all if the local law enforcement want to do that, that is their choice, more power to them. I however would prefer to ride in a friendlier environment and not feel like I have a friggen target on my back. And I am thinking my Busa, my normal riding gear, and with California license plates = Speeding target.

So, I guess to summarize

Moto GP - more than likely, but will be there strictly for the races

Colorado - Doubt it.
Sounds like a good ride to me. I'm busy 3/5-6 and 3/12-13 but the 3/19-20 are open 3/26-27 also. I was talking to Charlesbusa and Busahaya about goin' south late March to ride Angels Crest one day and Santa Monica Mtns the next, maybe we could work that all together in one trip  
rock.gif
 They are planning to come up here some time in April and want to ride around the Sierra's and Coalinga/Hollister/Monterey.

Sounds like a good ride to me. I'm busy 3/5-6 and 3/12-13 but the 3/19-20 are open 3/26-27 also. I was talking to Charlesbusa and Busahaya about goin' south late March to ride Angels Crest one day and Santa Monica Mtns the next, maybe we could work that all together in one trip
rock.gif
They are planning to come up here some time in April and want to ride around the Sierra's and Coalinga/Hollister/Monterey.
I am busy those exact dates also.

I am leaving 3/17 for Fallon and wont be back until 3/25

That will be my first weekend back and will have to get things back on track in the household (give the wife a rest, when I am gone for a few weeks the boys push her a little, so I try to give her a couple of days rest when I get back)

3/26-27 is a maybe, depending on how well things go at home while I am gone. Charles or BusaHaya going to put us up for the night? or do we need to get a motel somewhere? actually my dad lives down there I / we could probably crash at his place if we needed to.

If Charles and Busahaya are coming up here in April want to plan the hwy 58 route? take that to the 101 and then either head to Pismo for lunch, or get on hwy 1 and go to Cayucos for lunch

I could move my plans for the 12-13th to the 19-20th, would that work
rock.gif

rock.gif
My wife and mine's anniversary is the 12th, we are going away for that weekend, then the next week is when I leave for Fallon so the soonest I can go would be the 26th of March. If I come back early from Fallon like on the Wed. I might be able to take off the 26th and 27th.

rock.gif
My wife and mine's anniversary is the 12th, we are going away for that weekend, then the next week is when I leave for Fallon so the soonest I can go would be the 26th of March. If I come back early from Fallon like on the Wed. I might be able to take off the 26th and 27th.
Sounds like its going to be either the 26-27 or sometime in April  
wink.gif

rock.gif
I am busy those exact dates also.

I am leaving 3/17 for Fallon and wont be back until 3/25

That will be my first weekend back and will have to get things back on track in the household (give the wife a rest, when I am gone for a few weeks the boys push her a little, so I try to give her a couple of days rest when I get back)

3/26-27 is a maybe, depending on how well things go at home while I am gone. Charles or BusaHaya going to put us up for the night? or do we need to get a motel somewhere? actually my dad lives down there I / we could probably crash at his place if we needed to.

If Charles and Busahaya are coming up here in April want to plan the hwy 58 route? take that to the 101 and then either head to Pismo for lunch, or get on hwy 1 and go to Cayucos for lunch
Hey boys!!

I have a spare bedroom with a twin bed and it'd be no prob. for you guys to crash. However you'll have to sleep together or fight for the bed!!
tounge.gif

Monterey sucks!
MotoGP at Laguna rocks!!

The cops ruined cannery row last year and it looks like they're on par for ruining cannery row this year also. Looks I'll be drive the car into Monterey, I wonder if there's any action people could take before the event??

Ping Ridersnation Ping

Back