Laguna Seca pics

2hip

Registered
Took two days to recuperate from 3 days of madness at Laguna Seca...Gosh...the recovery times get longer and longer the older and older I get:banghead:

I want to do several reports on the flavors I tasted at Laguna Seca...as u might know it is in Monterey California and is one of only two Moto GP events held in America a year...the other being Indy. It is the Meca of the sportsbike world for the people out west. u have never seen so many bikes in your life. Cost of the tickets I thought were relatively cheap for such an event. Paid 80 dollars for three day pass and another 50 dollars for the paddock pass...which allows u to get into the hollowed grounds inside the raceway for food, vendors, and special little events...like girl watching:whistle: What Chuck A. (amode) and I didn't know about until later was u also needed what is called a Paddock parking wrist band. So if u ever attend one of these events u should know about these parking things...It allows u to park your bike in the paddock lots..and more importantly...it allows u to check your gear into the tents so they won't be ripped off. (another50 bucks or so)..All sold out by Friday midmorning...got ours by chance from guys hawking them on Cannery row in downtown Monterey...

In this post...I just want to show u some bikes at the raceway..historical stuff so to speak...Oh, before I forget...if u are a west coaster or ever attend Laguna seca...the place to be in the morning is called Ducati Hill...great breakfast for 9 bucks...

The moca colored Ducati racer...(074.jpg file)...Was just unveiled on Saturday...would u like to take a guess at the price? Just a couple of clicks south of 60K. let me tell u ...she is much more beautiful in person. Asked the salesperson if he'd ridden it yet..he looked around and said that he had been allowed to reposition the bike twice...hilarious dude...Not a huge Ducati fan but I have a better appreciation for them now...and the one big mistake I made was not taking a picture of an old Benelli...yikes

bike-laguna seca 07-10 055.jpg

bike-laguna seca 07-10 070.jpg

bike-laguna seca 07-10 074.jpg

bike-laguna seca 07-10 056.jpg

bike-laguna seca 07-10 077.jpg

bike-laguna seca 07-10 071.jpg

bike-laguna seca 07-10 073.jpg

Very nice! I hope to one day attend this event w/ my Father. It's something we've been watching together for a long time.

Thanks for sharing

Man, I really need to get up there!
Great shots and thanks for sharing. :beerchug:

Bubba

Beautiful pics! So that mocha-colored Ducati was Lorenzo Lamas' bike? I was thinking that, somehow, I missed the next generation of the Desmo RR.

Picture 1.png

Thanks for that, Alan, hope to CU @ the Stampede! Doyle

Those pics remind me of touring the museum at Barber. I highly recommend that if you get the chance!

Ian
RedlineStands.com

Back