Labusas? what that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_Ambush

Registered
I just visited labusas page..... nothing about bikes in bike talk. alot of freaky shi* , but no bikes. are there any other bike forums?

[This message has been edited by Ambush (edited 17 July 2000).]

My own opinion LaBusa site is like going to the gym to work out,you can either go to Gold's Gym ak"Hayabusa.org" to do some serious work out or go to 24 Nautilus and talk bull and try to pick up chicks and tie up some weight equipment that some one else wants to use.I go there to read the stuff it's like reading the Tabloids at the check out counter.Lots of good riders on that site but then information central is usually on this site "Hayabusa.org".

Some cool people drop in at LABusas, but you need to be insensitive to some real Spam to hang....nothing is exactly free, even "free" speach...some good folks have been run outa there, but I just hope It was not me that chased 'em...some real sad sacks strut around in there now and then, but we have a life of our own....we have even seen some Spammy types turn around and stop trying to offend evey one and come up with an interesting post or two....you could get trite and say somthing like....LABusas! Its all about Everything!

There is quite nothing like the original.... I am pretty new to the game, but I have noticed the difference between this forum and all the others...

If I were to form a new forum/site I would try to build something completely new, and try to select members & topics...as much as possible.

We have discussed a European .org site, but there is not any idea of doing that if it doesnt bring something new to our audience...being a bad copy of .org is not a good idea!

It's comedy, plain and simple. If I took half those post seriously I would be ready to hurt someone.

LABUSAS - Online Comedy Channel

Great scott man! You've revived a 9 year old thread:laugh::laugh:

Labusa's is great for letting off steam...anything goes over there :laugh: But they quit talking about bikes years ago, its just a general/bash/vent type forum nowadays. I still go over once in awhile for a little verbal jousting :beerchug:
There's TONS of diff bike forums if you do a little searching :thumbsup: But this one is by far the busiest on the net...and my personal favorite :beerchug:

What was up with all the "OB_" names?

OB_ stands for "Old Board"

Cap upgraded the message board YEARS ago...when he did that, there wasn't a way to import the existing users and messages. He kept the data...and eventually got to where he could do the import. When he imported, he prefixed all the screen names with "OB_" in order to prevent duplicates...

I wish I could use my "OB" screen name :laugh: I haven't been on the LAbusa site in many many years. My username has probably been removed by now. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back