Rolling burnouts

OB_Ambush

Registered
I have got to learn this one. Does anybody know how to do this? and how?

[This message has been edited by Ambush (edited 20 July 2000).]

hey booker,i think youve been watching to much mach 2 video! Jonas? why do you do the rolling burnout in 2nd at 20mph? i do the same thing all the time in first. you will get an easier, better burnout in first. thats my .02.Not to be cocky but jonas you prob. can not do feet up doughnuts can you.

c_rod2000,

I don't believe it hurts the motor at all. That's the whole point of having rev limiters to begin with.

I want an explanation and I want it right now!
:)

Booker - If you float a valve at 11k RPM's it will most likely do about $2,000 worth of damage to your motor! Let someone else comment that knows more about it but I know it's a real bad thing when you let the bike sit on the rev-limiter....

Just hold the front brake lightly, rev the bike up a little, and snap the clutch. Just don't grab the front brake to hard and drop the bike! Also make sure you have air in the back tire, it doesn't work to good with 10psi...

A friend of mine hits these all the time. It's cool because as he's doing the rolling burn out the bike is bouncing off of the rev limiter in 1st gear.

Booker - Bouncing off the rev limiter can hurt the bike a lot...Tell him to get an air shifter and shift through the gears...I usually end up in 3rd or 4th when I do them, although this hurts the tire!

you dont even need to spin the tire that high with the bus! i usually spin mine at like 5or 6 at the most. try doin a doughnut at redline!! ambush, it is easier to control the bike with the tire spinning slower. the faster it goes the more it wants to wash out.

C-rod I like 2nd gear because it isn't so touchy on and off the gas like 1st, and there is no shifting through netural. I think second is just eaiser, I have 16T front and 42T rear. I really want to hear about how you do the doughnut, is it from a stop or from a roll. Please enlighten me.

What am I doing wrong? I just tried it (it's 7:00 am) the bike wants to lean over, and the front tire locks and slides. i try to release it a little but i feel like the thing is going to shot off into hyper drive if i do.

Don't let the front tire slide!!! You'll end up on the ground real quick! Don't grab the front brake so hard and maybe put a little more air in the back tire...

hey ambush, i forgot to mention the whole method. it will make it a lot easier to do like this: when you have the clutch covered and ready do the following: stand up with knees bent leaning as far over the tank as you can.(put weight on front). in fact to make it easier you can even put some pressure on the brake before you start the tire movin. do about 5-10mph. with the brake on a little bit and standing up rev it up a little and dump the clutch. dont look at the tach, just listen to how high it sounds try to keep it low and around 5-6grand. try this it should work. Make sure you lean over front, and dont lock up tire.

I quit :) i almost dropped the bike TWICE!! I think ill wait until i get a bike that's ok to drop. I will not hurt my busa. But thanx for all the help.

[This message has been edited by Ambush (edited 20 July 2000).]

sorry to hear that. it is prob. the front tire skidin or lockin on you huh? good judgement though. it is better to wait than to dump the bike! the only reason i got good and goofin around is because of my old bike. i didnt have to worry about dumpin it or whatever. i never did but it helps the confidence level 100% knowing you can and not care to much!

For a rolling burnout I need to be rolling around 15-20 MPH in second gear. The wheel must be straight, I lean forward a little, hold the cluch in, get the bike to 10000 RPMs and dump it, but you need to stay on the gas because when the cluch hooks up the RPMs will drop. Try that, and be careful.

GSXRboy,

Exactly how does bouncing the motor off of the REV limiter hurt the bike "a lot"? I thought the whole reason they put REV limiters on them is so that it won't hurt the motor.

Please enlighten me.

Back