Kidnap VaBusa for the busa bash

well Creek will have to get shid done
cool.gif
  I can only assume thats where it will be.... and he's coming to the Gap... so he can just bring it along
cool.gif

if its not with Creekboy, hmm, wtf is it?
rock.gif

and yes you have to come, hit the gym and get stronger but honestly if you just take it easy up there you should be fine.... the roads aren't *that* tough if you take it slow and easy
blush.gif
 Who's this 'Creekboy' you speak of?!  
tounge.gif

I decided on Christmas Eve, during my 2 hour run, that I, Michelle aka VaBusa does NOT like twisties because I can't go fast in 'em...

I prefer running fast, long sweepers...leaning over in a long turn and just gunning it...twisties hurt me because I'm hauling around this bike that's 5x my own weight SLOWLY...I'm not strong enough...
sad.gif

Yep, speed is what I enjoy...going slow sucks hairy caveman hind parts...
laugh.gif

But, if I can time everything right with some guy in TN, I'll be there...we've already discussed this, so I hope to see the gang in the twisties...going slow, probably slow enough to just fall right over in a 90 degree turn...
sounds like you need a few days on the skyway, 28/74 and the foothills pkwy.  Those roads are bulit for the busa... nice long straights with some gentle swooping turns that, should you choose to, you can *FLY* through
cool.gif

Its only the 11 miles of the dragon that will suck your will to live with the tight turns... BUT what is 11 miles in the grand scheme of things?  and really its only about 8 miles that is really twisted, the other 3 are pretty tame stuff.  I mean, you'll probably ride several hundred miles over the 3 day weeked in that area alone, so % wize, the dragon makes up a very very very small portion
wink.gif
I'll suck it up and go the 11 miles...

Oh, my body hurts just thinking about it...and yes, I need those long sweepers you were talking about...
cool.gif
Those are for me...
smile.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

we got hours and hours of sweeping turns up there... you'll be fine
cool.gif

well I'm more than happy to point you or lead you... the area is fairly easy to navigate, just gotta look over the map and worst case, just follow other riders
cool.gif

yeah I hope to be lighter on the feet too this year
cool.gif

I did manage to set a pretty good clip on the skyway last fall though .... and man it felt GOOD to crank it up out there
biggrin.gif

I know I'll be fine...by the way, does it scare you to know that I ride rather well while doped up on Vicodin or Lortab?  
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Remind me that WHEN you get to the Gap. If you want me too, I can lead you through, weaving from yellow line to the white line, back and forth......
laugh.gif

I'll be wondering who the drunk in front of me is! LOL

You'd be surprised how used to pain pills you become when you've taken 'em for months on end...it's not a good thing...

smile.gif

laugh.gif

OUCH!  Is she okay now?
Much better now. Her last 18mts have been very difficult.

Fall 2004- 4 wheeler accident, back broke, in hospital for 2 weeks, then rehab for a month or so.

Mothers Day 2005- Husband of 16 years passed away in her arms. COD, none found. He was in perfect health, non smoker, no drugs or drinking. He did have knee surgury the Thursday before but no complications.

SIL was a new rider, just got her endorcement and was enjoying riding with her husband. Hasnt been back on the bike since.

Her V-Star is ridden by me from time to time to keep everything frese. Hopefully someday she will get the erge again.

OUCH!  Is she okay now?
Much better now. Her last 18mts have been very difficult.

Fall 2004- 4 wheeler accident, back broke, in hospital for 2 weeks, then rehab for a month or so.

Mothers Day 2005- Husband of 16 years passed away in her arms. COD, none found. He was in perfect health, non smoker, no drugs or drinking. He did have knee surgury the Thursday before but no complications.  

SIL was a new rider, just got her endorcement and was enjoying riding with her husband. Hasnt been back on the bike since.

Her V-Star is ridden by me from time to time to keep everything frese. Hopefully someday she will get the erge again.
Wow...I need to learn to NOT complain so much...she's had a rough, rough road...
sad.gif

I hope things get better for her soon...hope she rides again too...

Hearing things like this puts everything back in focus. I was feeling stressed out a few days before Christmas and was on my way home for lunch. I encountered this older gentleman on the side of the road, well dressed, trying to hitch a ride. I figured he had run out of gas or was having car trouble and needed a ride to the local service station. Turns out he was homeless and jobless, just before Christmas and just needed a ride to the homeless shelter. I do not make a habit of picking people up that are trying to hitch a ride, but for some reason (maybe the man upstairs speaking to me) I could not just drive by this guy. He told me his story, but did not ask for help or money or anything, he just wanted a 5 minute ride to his new te,porary home that would have taken him an hour or more to walk in the freezing wind. Sometimes we just need a reminder to keep things in focus...

Hearing things like this puts everything back in focus.  I was feeling stressed out a few days before Christmas and was on my way home for lunch.  I encountered this older gentleman on the side of the road, well dressed, trying to hitch a ride.  I figured he had run out of gas or was having car trouble and needed a ride to the local service station.  Turns out he was homeless and jobless, just before Christmas and just needed a ride to the homeless shelter.  I do not make a habit of picking people up that are trying to hitch a ride, but for some reason (maybe the man upstairs speaking to me) I could not just drive by this guy.  He told me his story, but did not ask for help or money or anything, he just wanted a 5 minute ride to his new te,porary home that would have taken him an hour or more to walk in the freezing wind.  Sometimes we just need a reminder to keep things in focus...
True...very true...

That's an eye opener...
sad.gif

Back