Key Ignition Swap

Daminion

Registered
Hey everyone new person here so hello to all who sees this. I purchased a 2005 Hayabusa and was told by owner it had a couple issues one being the Ignition. When putting the key in the ignition and turning it absolutely nothing happens. No lights no clicky no nothing. I have a new ignition switch for the bike but for the life of me I cannot find any type of video or rundown on replacing the thing. I am trying to do this myself to learn the bike better and work on my own stuff and not blow money at a mechanic if needed.

If anyone can give me some insight or a video or even other suggestions to try before i swap it out that would be amazing.

Thanks everyone and have a awesome day.

Thank you for the welcome. So remove nose and pretty self explanatory from what it seems. I will give that a try tomorrow. Thank you very much for that info!

Hey everyone new person here so hello to all who sees this. I purchased a 2005 Hayabusa and was told by owner it had a couple issues one being the Ignition. When putting the key in the ignition and turning it absolutely nothing happens. No lights no clicky no nothing. I have a new ignition switch for the bike but for the life of me I cannot find any type of video or rundown on replacing the thing. I am trying to do this myself to learn the bike better and work on my own stuff and not blow money at a mechanic if needed.

If anyone can give me some insight or a video or even other suggestions to try before i swap it out that would be amazing.

Thanks everyone and have a awesome day.
Welcome aboard. I haven’t done that job myself but I think is worth mentioning that several people through the years have posted having issues with cheap aftermarket ignitions not even allowing the bike to start, so hope you got either good used one or a good oem quality unit.

Welcome aboard. I haven’t done that job myself but I think is worth mentioning that several people through the years have posted having issues with cheap aftermarket ignitions not even allowing the bike to start, so hope you got either good used one or a good oem quality unit.
Thanks alot. Yeah the cheap ones always do that to you. When it comes to electrical stuff I usually tend to stay clear from cheapo junk and lean more towards the better quality made items. Always a smart bet!

tada

20220622_180520.jpg

you need a T27 tamper proof torx bit
Also support the front end of the bike, when you remove the top triple clamp. If you dont it wont go back on
Thanks for the information. I have a set of tamper proof bits so got that part down. My issue is I have a ton of stuff on the bike. (see picture included) that I gotta get out the way I think.

image_2022-06-22_201539625.png

Thanks for the information. I have a set of tamper proof bits so got that part down. My issue is I have a ton of stuff on the bike. (see picture included) that I gotta get out the way I think.

View attachment 1652653
Far out!!!
that is one extremely modded bike you have there!
Hey, by the way, did you check the battery voltage for 12v or more, and if it has that voltage, did ya check the main 30amp fuse before condemning the ignition switch?

When you say support the front end. Can you put that into more lamen terms?
You will actually be fine, there are two more bolts lower holding the forks in place. If you just remove the top triple tree cover, you won't need to support the front end.

But will you post up some more pics of your bike? Looks like a really interesting build from your profile picture and would love to see the rest!

You will actually be fine, there are two more bolts lower holding the forks in place. If you just remove the top triple tree cover, you won't need to support the front end.

But will you post up some more pics of your bike? Looks like a really interesting build from your profile picture and would love to see the rest!
Here you go sir. 2005 Turbo, Nitrous, 300 tire kit, Bagged with on board compressor.

289059525_7630269333680852_2248863369493488211_n (1).jpg

289233432_7630269513680834_1862718626465560047_n.jpg

289132308_7630269723680813_3338461696077845673_n.jpg

289059525_7630269333680852_2248863369493488211_n.jpg

Far out!!!
that is one extremely modded bike you have there!
Hey, by the way, did you check the battery voltage for 12v or more, and if it has that voltage, did ya check the main 30amp fuse before condemning the ignition switch?
Yes and come to find it that it is not an ignition switch issue. removing the wires and hooking up the new ignition did not solve the issue. But during the moving of wires etc. Everything powered on for a few minutes then it all turned back off. So has to be a wire issue somewhere.

Back