Kerker Slip ons - anyone tried them?

OB_Britabuser

Registered
Kerker now has slip-ons available for the 'busa. Has anyone tried them? In the recent exhaust comparison in Sportbike the Kerkers performed very well.

IMHO-
Slip on's are a waste of money. Drill your stock cans if you want noise- Why risk
a ticket for no HP?? ducmanic
Los Angeles

Saw a busa on the dyno right after mine, he had one of the first pair out. He got about a 3 to 4 hp increase. They didn't sound that bad either.

I have to agree with Ducmanic, slip ons are only for looks and sound. To gain a mere 4 to 5 hp is really a waste of money. If you want the real stuff get the Yoshimura full racing spec.

You might get into piston to valve clearance problems with that much more lift on exhaust with stock pistons...also bet that it would have a much smaller power band...

suzuki have probably done a good job with their pipework to suit the standard bike and the only real restriction would be the mufflers to meet noise levels,would be safe to assume that replacement free flowing mufflers and good retune would deliver a noticeable increase in power. I cant justify the extra $'s and work for a full system for only a slight marginal increase in power over the replacement mufflers UNLESS your doing radical mods to the bike, plus you'll have to use an 'einstein' tuner to get the bike running sweet...my opinion for what its worth.............

One reason for why the Busa seem so insensitive to exaust mods is problaby the exaust camshaft.
With a low lift of 7.1 and not much duration it seems like the real restriction lies here and not in the mufflers / downpipe. Almost like in the intake where the flappervalve seem to be one of the first things to take away . It reminds me of the old GS1100 where just lifting the airfiltercover on top of the second airbox was good for 8-10 horsepower ( along with the right jetting ). Since I have two Busas ( yeah rub it in.....) I am wondering about installing the intake camshaft of one on the exauhst of the other.......that would incrase the lift to 8.5 mm. hmmmm I might do just that........

I agree with the waste of money on slip-ons.

My canisters are drilled as described by one of our members. No problem in performance with other Busas w/slip-ons or single header.

I will admit that slip-ons look great, but exhaust appearance in stock form is certainly not distracting any onlookers either.

Whatever rocks your boat!

Search previous posts for "Cheap Exhaust Mods" and get the 411.

Back