Anybody have a stock GSXR1000 muffler?

AJAY

Registered
Hey guys. I'm restoring a 1982 Suzuki GS1100e, now with new tires and running mostly well. But the Kerker 4-into-1 exhaust is too loud for my taste even with new packing in the megaphone-style baffle. I'm wondering if I might make the stock exhaust can from a GSXR liter bike might work. The outlet of the Kerker header is 2 1/2" diameter. Does anybody have an old GSXR1000 can around and can measure the size of the pipe at the header joint? Thanks.

I might have a 02 1k pipe laying around pm me if u want me to check it out and give me a few days to find it (cuz it would be in storage). It is modified but not as loud as yoshi.

hey i got one off a 92 gsxr 750 its one that has the midpipe attached shoot me a pm if interested

I'd appreciate it if you can measure the ID of that midpipe on those pipes, just to see if this is feasible.

Not sure the 750 can would work. Even at redline, that engine is only displacing about 90% of the flow of the 1100 at redline. But a GSXR1000 displaces about 17% more at redline, so the can from that might work without robbing power, at least if the stock exhaust was only one can, not two. I'd use a stock Busa can, but those are designed for only about 72% the flow of the 1100 with a single can.

Actually, maybe I am asking a stupid question. Did any of these bikes come with a single exhaust can from the factory? If so, I think anything 1000 cc and up could possibly work. Thanks.

2001 to 2008? Gsxr 1000 had single exhaust. However the midpipes have a S.E.T. valve in them, don't know if that matters to you..
:beerchug:

Back