KBC helmet issues resolved

Churchkey

Registered
Following email instructions from a KBC rep at KBC America in CA I had sent my VR 1 model helmet in for evaluation. The issues were: lower finish rubber kept popping loose. Chin air vent control would fall off if not moved with an easy touch. One of the rear vent controls ceased to function. & the worst thing was that the removable lining would flop down & block my vision.

A month after they received the helmet I had not been contacted. I then sent several emails & still did not receive a reply. After 7 or so weeks I sent a letter to the "Director of customer relations" at KBC America documenting all proceedings & included copies of previous emails & a print out of the shippers delivery confirmation of my helmet to KBC.

I had stated that seven weeks should be adequate time for an evaluation & that they need to return my helmet.

This afternoon I was called by Mr Yu who apoligized for the situation & stated that he had no prior knowledge of the matter. Mr Yu is no doubt much higher in the pecking order than Mr Hwang with whom I had exchanged emails with.

Turns out they cannot find my helmet.

Mr. Yu instructed me to choose any helmet that KBC makes & he will send it to me with an extra face shield at no charge.  Good customer realations, glad I did not slam KBC on any of the bike forums.

Thumbs up KBC & thanks.

Glad to see you got it resolved and are happy. 7 weeks should have been 2 new helmets
wink.gif

Don't think I'll be buying one of those KFC hemlets after that
tounge.gif

But glad you got it resolved..

Well, he got their 'best' didnt he in the VR-1?, don't know which to pick? How about the one he got - but flawless? That would be nice!! LOL!
rock.gif

I dont see how another helmet with the same design and research and development has solved your issue.

Yeah, it is nice to be taken seriously and offered a consolation for your struggle, but to give you another KBC, and for you to accept - is almost like you never felt that your helmet was below your personal standards.

Unless, you are thinking that you got a lemon helmet, one that was unusually bad and that the others from KBC are more likely to be better, I would think that there is no solution fairer than getting your money back and putting it toward another helmet from another company.

Glad you received some good customer service. Hopefully this helmet will be better than the last one.

I dont see how another helmet with the same design and research and development has solved your issue.

Yeah, it is nice to be taken seriously and offered a consolation for your struggle, but to give you another KBC, and for you to accept - is almost like you never felt that your helmet was below your personal standards.

Unless, you are thinking that you got a lemon helmet, one that was unusually bad and that the others from KBC are more likely to be better, I would think that there is no solution fairer than getting your money back and putting it toward another helmet from another company.
I happen to like the KBC (or KFC if your so inclined) it flows more air than any of my other lids & keeps my melon cooler.  I normally wear it for day riding around town in 90+ temps. That would be from now until October where I live. I switch to a "dry" lid for evening rides.

I had 3 other helmets when I bought the original KBC at a close out sale. Looked good, fit good, DOT & Snell rated, good price, no returns. The issues I had with it after owning it for a year were very minor & I could have repaired them myself but I'm anal about my equipment & contacted KBC just to see what they would say. Other than the fact that some moron in shipping & receiving misplaced my original helmet I think KBC stepped up to the plate & did the correct thing.

I am pleased with the outcome & thats really all that matters.

Ask him if you can have an Arai instead.
biggrin.gif
Arai's do not fit me properly. My Shoei is much more comfy.
So which one are you getting? Color?
Sorry you had to ask twice, I'm just now replying to the topic.

since I'm a veteran I'm going with the one Tedbiele recently posted pics of.

KBC Force S Airborne
Cool choice! The nose art thing is kinda nostalgic.

It does flow more air into the helmet for sure.
I was not too keen on the amount of road noise as compared to Shoei or Arai, but, around here in Houston - where it averages 91 degrees and humid as all hell - I want to stay as dry as possible too. The airflow is working out.
And DAMN!!!! IT LOOKS GOOD TOO!!

Wow, now THAT'S customer service, even if you had to wait for it...

Congrats...
smile.gif

Back