Kanji

BadWeather

Registered
I've heard a lot of Busa owners say what this Japanese symbol means but none are the same, so let's hear what the forum has to say.

it means "bird of prey". end of story.
beerchug.gif

The name Hayabusa translates directly from the Japanese for Peregrine Falcon, the bird capable of achieving speeds over 200 mph -- and predator of (perhaps not coincidently) the common blackbird.

also....Hayabusa (ã￾¯Ã£â€šâ€žÃ£￾¶Ã£￾•, Hayabusa? literally peregrine falcon) is an unmanned space mission led by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency to return a sample of material from a small near-Earth asteroid named 25143 Itokawa (dimensions 540 meters by 270 meters by 210 meters) and return the sample to Earth for further analysis.

The ki-43 "hayabusa" was also a wwII jap fighter plane that was japans primary fighter plane early in the war.

"Power (Strength) and Speed" also "Accurate". I asked a few people who are Chinese and Japanese. They both gave me the same answers.

beerchug.gif

BTW, That is one of the most asked questions on this board. Search could have answered that for you.
cool.gif

The problem with other languages is that depending on what you are talking about the word can have different meanings .

I was stationed in Iwakuni Japan for 5 years on and off and every Nippon friend that I had and still have say that it says Hayabusa which is Peregrine Falcon in Japanese.

Back