Any alternate meanings to our Busa KANJI?

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know of any alternate meanings for the Kanji symbol on the Busa? Does it mean Falcon only? It sounds like each symbol can have numerous meanings. I am thinking of getting a tatoo of the Kanji, not because it is the Busa's, although that doesn't hurt, but because I love the way it looks. Don't know how big or where to put it so any suggestions will be welcome. Please keep it real as I am not shaving and puttin a tat on my nads!
laugh.gif

Aslo any resources for looking this and alternate symbols up on the net would be appreciated!
smile.gif

Ummm, I think it is also Japanese for "Them silly Americans will buy into anything!"

So yeah, I am pretty certain the Kanji's true meaning is "Super High-speed amazing Pole Smoker"

Or somethin kinda like that...

Just don't tell RSD I said it...
wow.gif

Ha, just done a Google search and found a kanji site. Started readin' a bit and found my member name done in japanese. From now on you can refer to me as "Shinkansen" (Read the second paragraph at the link). LOL...
biggrin.gif
Here it is in Japanese...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095287890 -->

h_shinkansen.gif

Look HERE re: Dogan, aka Falcon, aka Hayabusa. This site only shows a single meaning for it. Here's the Kanji shown for Hayabusa/Falcon...

Hayabusa_02t.gif

Hey JT......dont know if its gonna be your first tat or not, but I'd run it by RSD first. If I ever saw a duplicate tat on someone that I paid huge bucks for I wouldn't be too happy. I PM'd RSD to be sure it'd be cool to do the Kanji thing before I did mine since he had his ink work first and I copied his pretty close. Not tellin ya what to do.....just a suggestion. BTW...RSD's kanji is pretty freakin' cool.

Oh........and IF its your first.....go on the shoulder. Its by far the least painful , and you can cover it up with a shirt if some narrow minded people dont like tats. DONT drink before you get it. You'll bleed like crazy from the alcohol. Not like I know from experience
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

This will be my first one and definitely not into copying someone elses stuff exactly so it may be slightly modified. Will PM RSD to find out what his looks like maybe for some ideas. I was thinking of the shoulder too but not sure yet.
BT, thanks for the link and I will check it out.
thumbs-up.gif

keep em commin!
smile.gif

I got the kanji put on the thigh of the dragon I got with my daughter. Will post picts as soon as I get a moment to breath.
biggrin.gif

I think FLrider's Tat predates RSD's by a good bit...

Besides, you are all just copying a marketing gimmick onto your flesh. It's cool that the Kanji does have some meaning yeah, but it's not not really someones original work or anything. What would be cool is if you designed a scene for your Kanji to live in, treat the tat as a piece of art and not a roadsign or billboard... Integrate it into a falcon form, or something else that reflects speed N Power...

I like your idea Revlis but I don't have much artistic talent when in comes to that stuff. I know what I like when I see it though. Anyone want to help me design a cool tatoo with the Kanji/speed, maybe flames? Your payment, the satisfaction of seeing your work emblazoned on my skin. That should be enough, right?
rock.gif
Something that incorprated Fire Fighting/Diving/Busa? Not to busy or big, I don't know.
smile.gif

Back