kanji removal

clear coat over the sticker
dont remove it unless u plan on having a profissional painter clear coat it over.

im getting mine removed when i get my bike painted all black.

Thats odd....I haven't seen any clear coat on mine...
smile.gif

If there is a distinct fingernail edge on the sticker then it's prolly not clearcoated. However this does not mean it will be easy assuming there is no clearcoat. Them stickers are pretty big so bring the right chemicals and plan on making it a good half a day job.

For a real definitive answer I would ask Stealth_Busa as he has pulled his off, and talk to Bulletrain as he is getting ready to start a repaint, one of them should be able to give you a solid yes or no.

And the definitive answer is... The Kanji on my '03 are not clearcoated. The only decals on my busa that are clearcoated are the SUZUKI decals on either side of the gas tank. The rest are sittin' on top of the paint.

There's a good thread in the New Owner FAQ forum about removal of non-clear coated decals. to check it out.
wink.gif

Meant to add that removing clearcoated decals isn't as simple as removing the decals and just clearcoating that area. You will have to repaint that area with your base color(s) and then reclear the whole panel.
wink.gif

No clear coat on the Kanji that i am aware of. You can heat them up and they should come up. As a matter of fact I had an end come up once and had to push back down. I took mine off when i just did the new paint and will be replacing them with......

well just hammer on me why dont you
I WAS WRONG! SORRY for tring to help
i had such a hard time getting them off i thought they were clear coated over.
and no im not a proffesional painter so no i wouldnt know the steps to remove one and what to do after
i just gave it my best shot and thought that was the answer
next time i wouldnt say anything
Hey, don't get all upset. They are a bit&# to take off though....

and no im not a proffesional painter so no i wouldnt know the steps to remove one and what to do after
Easy there, g...
wink.gif
I wasn't rippin' on ya, I was just tryin' to help out with the question. We still love ya, man.
beerchug.gif

Easy there, g...
wink.gif
I wasn't rippin' on ya, I was just tryin' to help out with the question. We still love ya, man.
beerchug.gif
sorry...
my bad
i just am either on or off and i guess i was on when i got on and now i realize i was wrong
sorry
will edit

Someone forgot their medication!!!  
laugh.gif

My wife tells me I get more PMS than she does during that...uh...time... might explain my behaviour at once in awhile...

And hey, took a whole month for you to get grumpy.... Hell I wish I had that kind of patience, it would save me a lot of explaining... Lets talk about putting your hand through government drywall... or the fact that it's the Firewall...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075986712 -->

Back