chrome kanji decals

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Wanting to go chrome Kanji's on my 2001 black/grey busa. Can I just order the stickers and do they just plop over top of the existing paint or is this one of those things you have to have done by a body shop or it looks like sh$t?

On my bike, it appears that the sticker was cut out for the kanji symbol leaving me to believe that the chrome decals would fit right inside of the existing cut out kanji.

Cloud

Mine where direct over lays on mine from Tapeworks it's fun to put them on definatly not for the meek at heart ya just gotta take ya time is all and you should be fine

Wanting to go chrome Kanji's on my 2001 black/grey busa. Can I just order the stickers and do they just plop over top of the existing paint or is this one of those things you have to have done by a body shop or it looks like sh$t?

On my bike, it appears that the sticker was cut out for the kanji symbol leaving me to believe that the chrome decals would fit right inside of the existing cut out kanji.

Cloud
I ordered mine on ebay, but make sure you go through tapeworks.com and get the actual size. That way you can just lay them overtop of the originals. However, if you have no experience in the area you may want to get a professional to do the work. Good luck and post pics as soon as possible.

No experience doing it... I am pretty handy if you know what I mean, but I definetly don't want to jack up the paint and existing decals. Do you think it will be difficult enough and problematic enough to justify just getting a pro to do it?

just the cost factor. Maybe use a grease pencil for reference marks. Usually stock decals have some sort of template or marks. Im not sure about the after market ones.

Just take your time and lay them over the stock stickers! That way if they don't turn out like you wanted, you can just take them OFF and go back to stock.

It isn't worth paying someone to put them on. You will see in the instructions how to put them on. Just use lots of soap and water and slide them around where you want them and then use the tool to get the air/water out!

It won't take you maybe an hour to do both sides! You just need to let it sit over night so it seals everything.

Josh
cool.gif

hrmm....but what about if you need to put the decals on AFTER you give it a paint job? Wouldn't that be a little tricky?

I paint and do bodywork on custom bikes for a living and just took my old ones off so i could repaint my bike. So here are the facts.......so far everyone has the good idea of goin though tapeworks for the correct size so you can just put it over the old ones. This is the best idea if you don't want to mess anything up. If you want to take the old ones off, TAKE YOUR TIME...your gonna need a heat gun and some adhesive remover. Its a big pain in the ass, and you can ruin the plastics and paint if not carefull.Good luck!

Back