K8 shift light

The shift light is not in a good location nor bright enough to get my attention. If I'm looking at it then I am not looking at the road, and objects are flying by faster then my brain can adequately process the resulting rapidly changing visual information.

I now know how the Tiger Beetle feels
laugh.gif

"There is an Australian species, Cicindela hudsoni, which is 20 millimeters long and can run 2.5 meters per second. This translates into a relative speed of 125 body lengths per second. Michael Johnson would have to run a 200 meter race in 0.87 seconds to equal the relative quickness of the Australian species,

I tried to set mine using the manual and using the instructions found elsewhere on this forum. I cannot get the bike to enter the settings mode. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks,

I tried to set mine using the manual and using the instructions found elsewhere on this forum.  I cannot get the bike to enter the settings mode.  Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks,
What the book doesn't tell you is that you must push and hold the button with the key off and while you're holding the button then turn the key on and continue to hold the button this whole time until the dash turns on or flashes into the setting mode.then you must set the shift light to off or flash or solid light on and then set brightness and then set rpm. I do not believe that you can set the rpm without going through the flash-solid light mode and the brightness mode first. Remember to hold the button first and then turn the key on till you get into the adjustment modes. This key off then on part is left out of thr owners manual I think.

YES,I'M USING IT FOR NOW DURING FIRST 1000 MILES FOR BREAK IN.I HAVE IT SET TO FLASH ON THE BRIGHTEST SETTING AND HAVE ONLY ABOUT 100 MILES ON MY BIKE SO FAR.I'LL KEEP IT SET AT 5500 RPM FOR THE FIRST 500 MILES AND THEN RESET IT TO 8000 RPM FOR THE 500-1000 MILE PERIOD.THEESE ARE THE RECOMENDED RPM'S AND MILES THAT ARE LISTED IN THE OWNERS MANUAL.I HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF ANY REASON FOR A SHIFT LIGHT UNLESS YOU NEED IT TO RACE(I DON'T)SO I MAY NOT USE IT EVER AGAIN AFTER BREAK IN PERIOD SO I'M JUST TRYING TO GET SOME USE OUT OF IT NOW WHILE I CAN.

I would never really use it in most circumstances, but this is a good idea. Never thought of it, I think I am gonna set it up to use during my break in period. I did not use it on my first one (The wrecked one) and just went through the break in by watching the rpms, the light would help. Since it was my new toy I rode the hell out of it, since this is kinda my second time around I have hardly got any miles this time around. I had like 400 miles on it in the first week and a half. I have had the new one for about 2 weeks or so, and I think I am still under 200 miles. I guess the heat and rain have had a part in that, since it still is my toy, hehe.

Back