K8 shift light

Iowadiver

Registered
After 5K miles, I finally decided to read the manual to see what I might learn... learned how to activate the shift light indicator... of course it isn't something most riders need nor will use often, but I thought since it was there I would use it. Question... who uses it, and if so, what RPM do you have it set at? I have mine currently at 8K rpm on the brightest setting.

YES,I'M USING IT FOR NOW DURING FIRST 1000 MILES FOR BREAK IN.I HAVE IT SET TO FLASH ON THE BRIGHTEST SETTING AND HAVE ONLY ABOUT 100 MILES ON MY BIKE SO FAR.I'LL KEEP IT SET AT 5500 RPM FOR THE FIRST 500 MILES AND THEN RESET IT TO 8000 RPM FOR THE 500-1000 MILE PERIOD.THEESE ARE THE RECOMENDED RPM'S AND MILES THAT ARE LISTED IN THE OWNERS MANUAL.I HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF ANY REASON FOR A SHIFT LIGHT UNLESS YOU NEED IT TO RACE(I DON'T)SO I MAY NOT USE IT EVER AGAIN AFTER BREAK IN PERIOD SO I'M JUST TRYING TO GET SOME USE OUT OF IT NOW WHILE I CAN.

Mine is set at 5,500 as the bike only has 200 miles.....brightest setting & flash. it's worth setting just to have the lightning symbol in the display.

mine set at 7500rpm i set it there when i got it i need to up it too 10k since its all ways comes on. its all so at the brightest setting

lurk.gif

10,500 flashing bright,if you dont think you will use it why buy a busa surely you must accelerate hard in some gears ,it only wakes up above 6 and properly at 8 lol

I have not used mine yet .. And I did bounce it off the limiter once.
Is it bright enough to get your attention when you are holding on for your life and fear of just surviving is deep in your your thoughts :-)

I think peak HP is at 9500, so that's where it is.(Note: Can't see it when I have my BlueBlocker Sunglasses on.)

Back