K-9 Used to Subdue Naked Suspect

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.kmsp.com/news/story.asp?1639255

K-9 Used to Subdue Naked Suspect

It was no Christmas elf running from house to house, in the alley of 5400 Park Avenue South Tuesday afternoon, around 12:05. It was a man. A stark naked man, checking for unlocked doors.

He found one at Craig Martinson's home. “I know he scattered a bunch of laundry around. I know he was on all floors."

A half-dozen cops were on the naked man's trail, including an officer with a K-9 named Zak. The cop spotted the naked man inside Martinson's home and ordered him outside. “At that point the suspect leaped toward the canine officer and punched the canine officer in the head."

"Doing what the dog is trained to do protect the handler, the dog jumped and bit the suspect, in the genitals. In this case, the genitals, that's correct."

One neighbor says she watched as police appeared to recover part of the man's testicles from the porch area of the home.

Minneapolis police say their K-9 officers are never trained to attack the genitals. But, suspects usually aren't naked, either.

As the neighbor across the street told us, who happens to council member Scott Benson, this seems to be an incident, without precedent. "It's highly unusual don't have much criminal activity, since I moved here 15 years ago."

The suspect is in serious/stable condition at HCMC. Police are investigating whether the suspect was on drugs. Even after the K-9 bit the suspect, Minneapolis Police say officers still “taseredâ€￾ the suspect several times before they were able to subdue him. Zak the K-9 has a clean record, but is off the street pending the outcome of an investigation.

Ay Caramba!
wow.gif

Zak the K-9 has a clean record, but is off the street pending the outcome of an investigation.
laugh.gif
I wonder if they are going to send him to the shrink.

Dont know man if i get my balls bit off i wouldnt be so damn easy to subdue either. Is that some kind of excessive force or something?

Dont know man if i get my balls bit off i wouldnt be so damn easy to subdue either. Is that some kind of excessive force or something?
Nope, Burglary, Home Invasion, and Battery/Assault On An Officer are all felony charges. Felony in progress = ok to use K9. K9 is clear to grab whatever he can. Cop and dog are in the clear based on the article details.

Fwiw, though, I agree that a dog should never have been used in this situation. It should have been over by the time the cops got there. The homeowner should have shot and killed the muthafarker when he invaded their home. Cops shouldn't have had to do anything but document the whole thing and haul the piece o' shiot off the guy's property.
wink.gif

So what happens if the homeowner bit the dude's balls?
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Just kiddin...I don't even know why I thought of that.
rock.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I uesed to be a k-9 officer , and the dog can bite whatever he wants to protect his partner ! And vice versa:D

theres got to be a stipulation in there bout someones nuts though. Inhumane punishment or something

laugh.gif
Yep....definitely going south!

And as for stipulations...that's a good one! I think it would be funny as hell to read it!

"Article 26, SectionIV, Subsection 32: K-9 officers may, in times of dire emergency, be authorized to attack body parts that were not previously allowed. Such areas may, but are not limited to: fingers, ears, nose, buttocks, genital area (scrotum, etc.).

Extreme caution and discretion should be utilized in these circumstances and the K-9 officer must be aware of the possible repurcussions for excercising such actions."

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I can see it now: training the dogs to specifically aim fer the twig and berries.

Oh the humanity!
laugh.gif

Back