Evansville Cab driver executed

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
Guy was just trying earn some $.was happy just 2 be working had been on job 3 days.shot in back of head.2 The officer who killed the guy who did it.
An Evansville Police Department officer acted correctly in fatally shooting a suspect in a homicide investigation who had fired once at authorities already and appeared to be readying to do so again, Police Chief Brad Hill said Wednesday.

Police believed the suspect, Christopher J. Banister, 20, was raising a gun toward the officers Tuesday night when he was shot, although further investigation revealed he was wielding a knife.

vid+ pic Police slaying justified: chief : Local News : Evansville Courier Press

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad the kid who did it was young but i hear you saved tax $$$

Dangerous job cab driver would make me nervous do it @ night.

really sad shot cab driver in back of head

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for the suspect, shot a cab driver in the back of the head on the previous day then took a shot at officers. More than justified from the way it sounds.

My prayers go to the officer that had to take the shot. Sounds like he did his job and did it well. Just hoping he is able to handle the psychological end of it not to mention the suspects family (if he has any) will most likely file lawsuit against the officer.

I have no sympathy for the suspect, shot a cab driver in the back of the head on the previous day then took a shot at officers. More than justified from the way it sounds.

My prayers go to the officer that had to take the shot. Sounds like he did his job and did it well. Just hoping he is able to handle the psychological end of it not to mention the suspects family (if he has any) will most likely file lawsuit against the officer.

:bowdown:

wow how sad for the driver and his family... so close to the holidays too... Evansville is not the big city (College town, our boy graduated there)... hope they get the officer off the hot seat ASAP...

RIP

I got no sympathy for the suspect, feel bad for the cab drivers family an police officer who had to give a bullet to a dirtbag who needed it from the looks of things as how they were presented to me.

wow how sad for the driver and his family... so close to the holidays too... Evansville is not the big city (College town, our boy graduated there)... hope they get the officer off the hot seat ASAP...

RIP
3rd largest city in Indiana ,, Indianapolis,Ft wayne, Evansville,

Crime is really up I guess because close xmas+the Economy,

I dont think officer is on hot seat.chief of police is backing him ,

The guy had fired @ officers then ditched the gun policeman had no way of knowing that was knife.

Last edited:
We have had issues lately of taxe cab drivers here getting shot at too and killed. 3 in the last 2 weeks. Reason why I carry more often then I use too!

3rd largest city in Indiana ,, Indianapolis,Ft wayne, Evansville,

Crime is really up I guess because close xmas+the Economy,

I dont think officer is on hot seat.chief of police is backing him ,

The guy had fired @ officers then ditched the gun policeman had no way of knowing that was knife.

Just because it was a knife doesn't mean it's not something he can hurt or kill someone with.

First off after someone has taken a shot at police, it is always a good indicator that he will take a second shot. If I can't see his hands I'm gonna be getting real nervous real quick. If he reaches for something after taking a shot at police, especially after being told to show his hands and having police point guns at him, there's a good chance he's not looking for a pack of gum. Even if he was grabbing a knife instead of a gun, it is still a weapon that can cause serious injury or death. Reaction to a threat of a knife depends upon distance between officer and suspect. Based upon action vs reaction, if he's within 20 feet or so of me, has a knife and has been told to drop it while a gun is pointed at him and he doesn't ??? well I can justify his intentions aren't good and a reasonable person ain't bringing a knife to a gunfight. Depending upon circumstances, there's a good chance he's getting shot.

Back