Just geared up to 17T

MeltDownZ

Registered
I had bought my busa used with a 16T sprocket in the front. Didn't think much of it because I've read where that's a popular mod. However, I always thought that the busa was a bit too powerful to have fun with on the street. You always have to be so careful with the throttle. Today, I geared it back up to 17T. New chain and rear sprocket too. OH MY GOD!!! Huge difference! All of the sudden the busa is the best, by far, street bike I've ever ridden! You can really kick it all over the place. The engine has the best feel. Smooth power at any RPM, any gear. Compression breaking is smooth as silk. Jerkyness is gone. If you are a street/commuter rider thinking about gearing down to 16T, I highly recommend against it. If you want a drag bike, the 16T is probably for you. I had the chance to race an R1 of the line tonight too. Beat him pretty easily. We were pretty even for about 250 feet but then his nose popped up and that was that. I was actually only at about 90% throttle too. With the 17T, the bike really likes the higher rpms a lot more. With the 17T, you may lose some pop at the low end, but, the passing power at the top end is greatly improved. Man the engine characteristics are great now. Btw, I've got Muzzy's and a K&N airfilter. I also raised the bike back to stock height from 2" down. Yes, at 5' 9", I'm a bit more on my tip toes but the ability to carve is so much better. I have the Ivan's smart TRE installed and a PCII ($150 on ebay) on the way. At this point, anything the PCII does will be gravy because the bike is so smooth now.

Glad you like the 17 and it has improved the driveability of your bike...What Muzzy system do you have???Slip ons or full...
evil.gif

Glad you like the 17 and it has improved the driveability of your bike...What Muzzy system do you have???Slip ons or full...  
evil.gif
Slips. I was considering going to the full but some tuners have said that it would make the under 2000 rpm range pretty rough. I do a lot of commuting and can't avoid the low rpms so I'm thinking that I should keep the standard headers.

Back