Just finished this R6

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Finished a customers R6 last night.
Dissassembled the bike, and polished the frame, subframe, front forks, wheels, and swingarm.
Chromed the triple tree, clipons, levers, bar ends, stator cover, rearsets, pass pegs, and hangers, rear brake lever, shifter, heel gaurds, shifter rod, kickstand, chaingaurd, water pump cover, and numerous bolts and fasteners......when we got the bike, almost everything on it was black except the pipe.
Also polished and clear coated the magnesium clutch cover, and timing cover.....had to clear coat it cuz mag tarnishes very fast.....turns noticabley yellow overnight.
Bike comes back for electric blue paint, and fine white pearl ghost flames in a couple months......not a huge flame fan, but he wants em so we do em.
Here's a picture

R6Busa.jpg

dood, that thing is smokin! i still can't get over yer bike man
smile.gif

Man that R6 looks tight. I love it. Not as much as the Busa though...
biggrin.gif

Brian

That R6 is a sweet lookin' machine! It still doesn't compare to the 'Busa though and MSF yours is tight!

those are some gorgeous bikes. I like the solid yellow on the bus looks awesome! I dont know if the R6 will look as good as it does now with electric blue on it, but it aint my bike now is it? nice work any how!!
biggrin.gif

R6 ... what R6? ... all I see is a sweet a$$ Busa ... great work MSF ... I love you bike!! ... great work on the R6 too !

DJ

Just a side not on the R6.
After reassembly I took it for a quick ride to make sure everything was fine.
I had totally forgotten how guttless small bikes are.
This thing redlines at 16000 rpms, and doesn't start makin power till 10k...........must be hard on these little motors to beat them up that bad just to make 105 ponies.

Just a side not on the R6.
After reassembly I took it for a quick ride to make sure everything was fine.
Just HAD to, eh MSF?!  I suppose just about anything's gutless after riding the busa.  How do those R6's handle?
Handling is next to unbeleivable......this is the lightest most manueverable thing I've ever ridin.......it feels like a toy below me!!
Oh yeah....he knows I rode it......had to check for leaks and make sure chain was correct!!

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082302782 -->

Back