Just Drove an Evolution 8 MR

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
Just rolled off the truck this AM, 2005 EVO8 MR, the light weight version. Although I didn't thrash it, seemed pretty fast and fun. Not much in the ride department but that's to be expected, handles like a slot car. I like the Enki wheels better, the MR has dark gray BBS. Twichy little guy. I would like to put it through the paces after about 600 miles but this one is already sold. We got another regular 2005, I like it better, black w/ leather recaro interior, sunroof and Infinity sound w/ sub. HOWEVER, after busa, nothing seems fast anymore.....ruined for life and loving it.

go try the forester 2.5XT

not bad for a family car
wink.gif

I would be in constant trouble. Every kid with a fart can on a civic would want to race. Folks don't really understand just how fast these cars are, I found it hard to hit second before bumping the rev limiter, have to be real quick, that tach just jumps right up there. For daily driving, may be a bit of a hand full. This thing is just too raw and hard edged. Go drive one, I think you will see what I mean. Not too many cars you can take off the showroom floor and go jump over a hill three feet in the air and not hurt a thing. Would be a blast on a curvy, hilly dirt road!! The all wheel drive and active center diff kick ass, enough "hook up" to jerk your teeth out, 5000 rpm and dump the clutch...wish I could launch the busa like that...

Back