Just did an eXtenstion and need your help!!

nectrplnt

Registered
So I just did a 7inch over extension on my Gen 1 and bottomed out big time. Lets just say it dident sound good and almost ripped off my undertail. Whats the best way to stop this problem? Should I just tighten my rear suspension more and adjust it better? Or do I need to get a stronger spring? Possibily raise my bike because I got it lowered it a few inches? :please::please:

Yes, definitely raise it back up until you get a stiffer spring. I dont think you will be able to adjust it enough to help with the stock spring. Be sure and plan your spring purchase so you can ride 2-up if you ever plan to.

I just put my 9" extensions on today along with a tiger racing undertail, adjustable dog bone set in the middle hole and tightened my spring. I just got back from putting 150 miles on the beast and it felt great and not once did I bottom out or scrape. Also my front is lowered 1.5" and I weigh 230 lbs.

mybusa.jpg

Other than the stiffer spring, what sprocket size do you guys reccomend? I extended mine as well and have 16/43....

sprocket sizes aren't affected by a stretch. With the right amount of stretch you would be able to be more aggressive with your procket selection but for the streets there's only so much grip.

Thanks! I'm going for a hook up tire after this one is gone...here's my bike...nevermind the road rash...lol

bike.jpg

All done, looks great and rides great with my new Spring. TracDynamics rule. Hopefully Im posing my pic correctly. :please:

GetAttachment.jpg

Back