just bought 05 WOW

Welcome to the board.
biggrin.gif

Just bought my 05 hayabusa. All the warnings in the world about how fast this thing is still don't do it justice. I have been riding my 85 ninja 900 since 1990. Have 45000 miles on it! WHAT AN UPGRADE! I live in San Diego and am looking for other riders. This page is great, because of this page I have done my kickstand mod and raised the headlight, which for some strange reason points straight at the ground. Bought the red and black, breaking it in using moto-man procedure, also found on this site. Thanks members you guys give great info.
Another proud Busa owner!!! Hey Lamb Busa. I live in the High Desert area but I used to live in P.B. (off Ingraham and Chalcedony). I was just in SD over the weekend to watch the Chargers and Broncos (SWEET GAME!!!). I ride the Gray/Black '05 Busa. Email me sometime and perhaps I'll ride down and meet you. SD is a great place to cruise around on the Busa!! Ride hard!!! Don't forget to stay safe!!

Congrats and good luck with your new Busa! How did you break it in with Motoman's procedure? Making pulls in 4th gear on the street? Or did you have someone dyno it right off the bat?

I went from 0-70 or 80 using good hard pulls in 1st and 2nd and then decelerated to a stop. I did this for twenty miles and then changed the oil. This wasn't particularly easy or fun. Although it did get me a good early feel for the brute power of this thing. I have a stadium about 6 miles from where I bought the bike. Plenty of room and no idiots(cars).

Back