I've got this crazy idea...

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
in my head and I can't seem to shake it. I have family and a few friends in San Diego and I really would like to get out and visit with them. Well, I started thinking (which is never good) that I should pack up the busa and take a nice long road trip out to see them. I just moved out of my apartment a few days ago and will be getting my deposit back. I plan on using that as the source of funding for this trip if it happens.

I've never been west of Omaha and I think that it is time to change that. I've been doing some research over the last few days and I think I have a route all planed out. The routes I think I'm planning on taking go a little something like this:

TO SAN DIEGO- Leave Chicago, take I-55 to St. Louis. Then take I-44 from STL to Tulsa. From Tulsa, I would travel through Amarillo, through Albuquerque, into Flagstaff. Head south from Flagstaff on I-17 towards phoenix. From Phoenix it would be AZ-85 and I-8 all the way to San Diego.

FROM SAN DIEGO- Leave San Diego and head towards Las Vegas. From there, take a detour to the Grand Canyon for some nice pix. I would take I-15 through NV and UT and then take I-70 towards Denver. I would love to ride through the rockies. After Denver it will be pretty much shooting through Nebraska, through Iowa and back to Chi-town.

Thanks for reading this far.:beerchug: Anyways, so am I nuts for thinkin about doin this? Is it possible for me to make this ride?? Thanks for all the input, good and bad. :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention. I would absolutely LOVE to meet as many members along the way as physically possible. I know there are some of you along those routes.

Damnit Mike , if you do this , Lamb will ride out to meet you along the way. Or ride back with you to the grand canyon. That would be sweet.

Damnit Mike , if you do this , Lamb will ride out to meet you along the way. Or ride back with you to the grand canyon. That would be sweet.

Thanks Lamb! I might make the trip just because of that right there! I've never been to the Grand Canyon and would absolutely HAVE to see it if I come out. I'll see if I can bring the "good" camera with me!

As you leave Phoenix you'll pass within 3 1/2 miles of my house. Lemme know when, and if you wanna crash overnight we've got room.

As you leave Phoenix you'll pass within 3 1/2 miles of my house. Lemme know when, and if you wanna crash overnight we've got room.

Thanks Benesesso! I just might take you up on that depending on how far I get and how I'm feeling by that point. I'll let you know what happens as I continue planning.:beerchug:

I will follow u on my Harley so I can carry ur stuff and pick up ur loose body parts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just go.

Road Trip. Hop on the Busa and just go.

Make sure to take a few pics along the way. :thumbsup:

once you on the road it does get easyer. take a break whenever... its peacefull

Here's our 'What to Bring' list on a moto tour.

Don't forget the farkles. :laugh: :lol:

Img_2293_TimFJR.jpg

Img_2293_TimFJR.jpg

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Wait until you're standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon it'll take your breathe away. No words can describe the view and awesomeness of it.:thumbsup:Just do it.

Well if Lamb is going to meet you, I'm going to meet the Lamb en route and we'll do the mob thing......if plans change ????......Vegas will be awaiting your arrival.... :oldcool:

Thanks for responses all. It put a smile on my face to have everyone say "go for it!"

I'm going to have to seriously set up some maps and what not and I'll keep everyone updated. Man, I'm gettin excited:laugh:

If I had the time and a more comfortable ride I would be all about doing this ride, :thumbsup: go for it and best of luck. Remember :worthless:

depending on my work schedule when you come through here, i would ride along for a while if possible :beerchug: you will be coming through a few miles from my house just before you cross into St. Louis

Back