I just bought a 2005 Hayabusa, black/gray

a1l0s2k9

Registered
Out of the 122 pages in the GSX1300R OWNER'S MANUAL, published September 2004 (for my 2005 Hayabusa), there are:
- 70 WARNINGS
- 35 CAUTIONS
- 1 Combination "WARNING-or-CAUTION"
- Most WARNINGS on one page: 5 (i.e. they cover 85 - 90%
of the page)
- Most CAUTIONS on one page: 3
- 54 pages do not contain a WARNING or CAUTION (44%)
- Adding WARNINGS and CAUTIONS together, if there was a
WARNING/CAUTION per page, 86% of the book would be
covered

I had less warnings when I bought hydrochloric acid coated explosive razor blades that were infected with AIDS...

I might have missed the point, but maybe another 'busa owner could support me on his: the book can be summarized in 4 words: BE CAREFUL OR DIE!

A very different 1st post! Normally, 'Busa owners are overcome with the excitement of the first ride. Anyway, as with all other highly energized and dangerous pieces of equipment you do have to be careful. Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the fastest 'Busa color club! Welcome to the board.

Yeah Pretty Much But Uhhhh.  

So you know how to adjust the Idle now right?
How about the cold Tire pressure? Whats the recommended PSI?
How long are you allowed to keep the warnings stickers on your ride?
What size is the rear tire?
Whats That Smell?
What are all those noises in the valvetrain and on the right hand side???
How much money is in my wallet?
Where is the Fueltank prop stowed?
That little lever on the left grip... that's a "Choke"  Right???  
How many quarts of oil with a change?  

On and Fuggin On Bro...

There is always more to know and despite the manuals best efforts there is some useful information in there.  

If your planning on all your own service I'd get a service manual also.  Very helpful...

Welcome to the Board man...  

Rev

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099725532 -->

laugh.gif
Welcome to the board

Not safe. Very dangerous. Upside, lots of used parts available from those who think it was a good choice for their first bike....
wow.gif

Seriously though , congrates ! I'm picking up my new 04 on Friday , my 02 was totaled from the rear-ender.

good on ya for reading the manual first. I looked at mine for something but now I freakin forgot what I was looking for (obviously I didn't find it)
Anywho, congrats and welcome to the board. 45% of motorcycle crashes happen in the curves so take her easy. Also 45% of all motorcycle fatalities involve alcohol. Not trying to scare ya but you just bought yourself a beast!!!!!! ENJOY...

Congrats and welcome to the board.  
biggrin.gif
Oh and don't forget to post pics!!

Owners manual? I downloaded the service manual. dont remember an owners manual.

Warnings and cautions are just a way for someone to cover their own arses.

Heck there are cautions and warnings on mopeds, on skooters. Heck I think golfballs have warnings to the effect if you swallow them you could choke.

In an age where you can buy hot coffee, stick it bewteen your legs while you are trying to drive, burn yourself, sue the company for your injuries and win, everyone needs to have disclaimers.

Welcome to the board. Now seal up your owners manual in a zip lock baggy (now that you have read it) and get on that puppy and ride her hard and put her away wet.. she likes it that way.
wink.gif

Thanks everyone. You've all tricked me into believing your nice people and have a friendly message board. Good job! :)

But seriously.... Awesome bike. I've ridden motorcycles off and on my whole life, and in ths last 1.5yr I've been riding every day to/from work (which suprises some folks here in Washington state...darn recreational riders!). I rode a friends 'busa recently and I fell in love. I was originally going to get a GSX-R750, but after riding the 'falcon, I couldn't settle for less. :)

I have an unusual purchase story... I dare anyone to top this!

I just bought the bike yesterday, BTW. I took Friday off so I could run some errands, and buy the Hayabusa I've been wanting so much (I've had my eye on a new motorcycle for more than a year!). So I woke up early, and crammed in a few more hours of research on the bike, ate breakfast, and finally left for Aurora Suzuki...I got there about noon. I spent about 2 hours haggling with the sales guy to get $900 off MSRP, and get a little service coverage. So we settled on a price, finally, and then I had the toughest problem: the color. :) They had all three 2005 models, and I decided on the blue/silver, because it seemed like it would be more visible at night (it's the lightest, most silver). Sadly, the bike had *just* come off a truck. They hadn't even washed it yet, let alone put some fluids in it, take it for a test ride, ... "It'll take an hour". Two hours later... "Okay, we're almost done, just need to take it for a test ride". About two minutes later my sales guy (Ryan) says "I have bad news, you need to come take a look". I didn't know what to think, he wasn't really telling me anything. As we walk outside I see 4 mechanics standing around the bike. Ryan leads me to them and they start to step away from the bike....it sort of seemed like a funeral, they all seemed kind of shook up. Then I saw the bike -- about $1400 of plastic damage. Whoops. In the first 2 miles of the bikes life... The test rider was a pro (racer), but probably a little to confident. Next, since the bike is brand new, obviously the tires are a bit slick. Lastly, the pavent the bike was sitting on (where it was parked and where it departed from) was just paved the day earlier (Thursday). So oil + overconfidence + slick tires + most powerful stock bike in the world = extremely expensive first ride.

But wait, there's more. So I say...how about the black/gray one instead? They re-file some paperwork, and minutes later I'm leaving on a black/gray bike -- everything is fine. I'm riding a bit slow, extra conservative following distance.... It's my first few miles on a brand new bike, and I've already seen what can happen if you're not careful. :) As I'm riding into Seattle I have to make a few stops (yunno, city traffic), and it seems like the clutch is slipping, but, what do I know, this is my first ride on this bike. Then I have to stop and go again, and my left hand is in the air (i.e. not on the clutch), and I give it a bit of gas and the engine revs up a bit, but the bike doesn't go anywhere...<groan> Let's try this again: grab the clutch, let it out slowly, the engine revs a bit, and the bike goes forward slowly.... I get off the road, and call Aurora Suziki. "We'll be right there"... and hour later they arrive (BTW, it's about a 10 minute drive). The put the bike on the back of their truck and we drive back to the shop. They find out that the plunger-thing the clutch actuates into a brass receiver isn't actually sitting in the receiver...it's just jammed up against the brass fitting. By all accounts it was a manfacturing defect/factory mishap (this is one of the parts that comes pre-assembled from Suzuki, so it couldn't have been the assembly process).

...so they take the requires parts from the blue/silver Hayabusa with the recent paint/plastic troubles, and by 19:15 I'm back out the door.

Is it all over? Not quite: on the ride back to the shop to get the clutch fixed, the Hayabusa ran into the cab of the truck, chipping off about a nickel-sized piece of paint from the front fender. My replacement fender will be in on Monday.

What a day.

The ride home was fine, and riding all day today (~100 miles), no issues.

Great bike. :)

Heck of a story! Glad things are getting taken care of and you are enjoying the bike.

Hey, at least it didn't rain...right?
smile.gif
Most Busa owners can attest to the "it always rains on the day you buy your Busa" omen...

Wow, what a story...but, welcome to the board, I hope owning the Busa will be as fun for you as it is for all of the Busaholics on this board, and remember that we're all here to razz you about those reflectors and warning stickers on your bike...

Oh, and where's a pic?
smile.gif

The owner's manual is very handy if you're doing your own maintenance. I skim past all of those pesky warnings...trying to keep myself from getting intimidated by a book...
laugh.gif

smile.gif

Welcome
newbie.gif
. Spend more time
race.gif
and less time reading your owner's manual and you will find yourself with one of these on your face
biggrin.gif

Hope you can take a kidding too!
poke.gif

Back