Jacket Suggestion

BUSANAS

Registered
I weight lift and bought a Moto GP Corkscrew XL chest 44-46 max belly 40( for sale btw) and the shoulders and arms are so tight it hurts now after a decent ride, w/out the vest liner. Use to fit pretty good.. The sleeves are real long and I couldnt wear it if they were longer. I also have a Joe Rocket Ballistic L that has the same shoulder issues. But the arms are fine with out the liner.
I was looking at a Power Trip DTP since they are supposed to be looser in the upper body and arms, and cheap right now. I emailed NE about a size 48 and the response was:
48 chest
48 waist
34 1/2 sleeve length (from the middle of the back to the cuff)
14 circumference on the forearm
15 1/2 circumference of the bicep.
The arms measurements seem small...
If it helps I wear a 18 34/35 dress shirt. Chest 47, shoulders 54, biceps 17, forearms 13 1/2, waist 33-36, 6'1 210-220lbs and still lifting so I will probably still grow....
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
thanks

so ya braggin or what? might try a gorilla suit....

rofl.gif
unless you will be at bash then my sincerest apology.....

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Our measurements are similar except for the waist and arm length.  I wear a 17&1/2 shirt with 37" sleeves and my gut is bigger than yours.  I bought one of these in a size 50 and it looks like your biceps would fit just right.  The upper arm area expands a bit.  A bit pricey here but I didn't pay retail.  Also, it comes with a vest liner only, despite what their website says.  I contacted them and complained and they sent me a full sleeve liner for free.

http://www.fieldsheer.com/2008site/ff/productspage/supersportL.htm

I also bought a jacket similar to this one in size 52 and it fits very well too.  I got the Jordan Racing version when they had them discounted.

http://www.newenough.com/protect....et.html

Good luck and ah, stop lifting! I mean, what's the point?

so ya braggin or what?  might try a gorilla suit....

rofl.gif
  unless you will be at bash then my sincerest apology.....    

rofl.gif
haha thanks for the laugh, but I thought since I got a muscle bike I would try to make a good match for it
muscle.gif

I really want to spend the least amount of money possible.. So custom leathers are out for sure.

rofl.gif

tried to edit last post but wouldnt let me...
anyway I went to the local dealer to try on whatever they had and the best fitting jacket they had was a ICON Accelerant 2XL and it was pricey at 370, NE has it for 318 and states that its max chest is 46-48 max belly 42, still more than I really can afford right now. The Power Trip DTP comes in chest 48/50 belly 42/44 think I will order one to see, cant really tell until you try it on I guess.

i got an icon and motorhead jacket and i swear by it
I really want the accelerant but owell, maybe next time.

Side note for anyone that might be interested in the Power Trip DTP, I got it yesterday size 48, dosnt fit as good as the ICON but its three times cheaper. Fit was pretty much as expected by reviews on newenough, waist is loose and sides are very roomy but the side adjustment straps help alot. arms are fine with minimal room to grow. chest and shoulders are fine, only tight spot which someone else felt the same about was under the arms fit is pretty snug and if you have a loose tshirt on it bunches up in the arm pit when you put the jacket on. Overall im pleased for $99 but dont think I would be happy paying retail for it. made in China dosnt thrill me...

Back