Jack is leaving...Im not happy.

I know how your feeling. I had to get rid of my Dane but it was because my wife couldn't stand him. She keeps our house "Monk" clean and he was just to smelly and shed to much for her. Basically came down to the dog or our marriage. I miss my wife..lol, just kidding, we found a great home for Max and he is very happy now. He is a great dog, I miss him.

max.JPG

Know how hard it must be

The wife ( and myself ) still have quiet moments when we remember our last dog

You are doing the right thing. There comes a time when you have to weigh the pros and cons and just let go for the better. I suppose this example is one of the reasons I stick to smaller dogs..

Sorry to see this. Take care of your marriage first. I hope you find a place that will work for Jack.

I have a Springer Spaniel and a Lab mix. The Lab is a real sweetheart. She is very well behaved. The Springer is an endless source of energy and love. He is my third Spaniel. In my opinion Spaniels are the perfect companion dog. Labs are a very close second.

That sucks Scott. Sorry to hear this. Jack is an awesome dog. My little girl mentions seeing him every once in awhile. Somethin about him tryin to get her stuffed animal she had.

I know how your feeling. I had to get rid of my Dane but it was because my wife couldn't stand him. She keeps our house "Monk" clean and he was just to smelly and shed to much for her. Basically came down to the dog or our marriage. I miss my wife..lol, just kidding, we found a great home for Max and he is very happy now. He is a great dog, I miss him.

Woulda been pretty funny though if you took the dog over the girl. You mighta ended up on a new jerry springer show. :laugh:

Last edited:
:unhappy: sorry to hear, dogs become your 4 legged kids in your life. have you thought about a heated dog house (small garage) so he could stay outside?

good luck, it is tough to loose a family member

Sorry to hear..... Sounds like it could be a diet issue to me.... Big dogs sometimes have sensitive stomachs, I have been dealing with some issues with our pit mix. He could have a allergy to specific items in the food. Once you change the food, it can take 6-8 weeks to see a difference as well, so just changing it does not clear it up. Lamb meat and removing any type of grains may help.

Ummmmm....errrrrrr...uhhhhhh.....hmmmm...let's see...keep the pooch and continue stressing the relationship, or find the pooch a new home......hmmm.....let's see......Buh-bye Jack.....sounds heartless, but Dane's aren't known for their intestinal fortitude....My best friend had a cocao-Dane named Babe...she was such a lover, but after 10, she broke down pretty fast.......they had the very same issues, sounds like.....I love dogs and horses the most.....You two, as a couple, are more important....."FAR" more important.... :super:

That sucks Scott. Sorry to hear this. Jack is an awesome dog. My little girl mentions seeing him every once in awhile. Somethin about him tryin to get her stuffed animal she had.

Jacks favorite toys were always the stuffed animals with squeekers in them...his eyes lit up every time I pulled out a new one-he'd grab it n immediately start shakin the livin pizz outta it, throwin it in the air n try to catch it, then slam in on the ground...if he ever grabbed a dog that way, it would be dead in 30 secs....once got his mouth on Diesel Jr's soccer ball, took 5 secs n he popped it-in his MOUTH! not very gentle with his toys, but always good to me n my kids-Scotty Jr. was only nervous for a few weeks after we got Jack, but now he always wants to pet n play with Jack whenever he's over...I know my kids are going to miss Jack tons too, but this is hardest for me; I spend minimum 2-3 hours a day w/Jack, if not more. I had to give up my dog when I was 10, n it wasnt any easier then, than it is now:banghead:

Jpics 061.jpg

Jack pics 013.jpg

:unhappy: sorry to hear, dogs become your 4 legged kids in your life. have you thought about a heated dog house (small garage) so he could stay outside?

good luck, it is tough to loose a family member
i dont honestly think a doghouse exists that would be good enough to keep any dog other than an Akita or Husky outside in WI...we hit -30 with windchill several days in one week where I live, Jack woulda been a giant Dogscicle if I left him out more than a few minutes in that.

We only played in snow when it was above 30 deg. F outside

Know that it has to be tough, but probably the best for all involved. When the situation is right I'm sure you'll have another.

Back