Big D is up for an Emmy nom.!

BigDiesel

Registered
had this conversation with friends at home, so now I'm lettin the extended fam weigh in-here's what happend:

Amy n I are going to a grocery store after finishing work (2pm) for some drinks n lunch stuff. I pull up to park outside store on the street (store is downtown in Milw, busy area) so we can run in-n-out. The only spot open is on the end but there is a guy (whom I will refer to as a "bum" for lack of better word) STANDING in the parking spot with his eyes closed-like he's sleepin...in the street, 2 feet from a prking meter.
I beep at the guy, he opens his eyes n backs up onto the sidewalk. I think all is well, pull in n back up a lil so Amy isnt gettin out the car right in front of the bum.
We walk to the door to go inside n Amy tells me to trun around-the bum is now out in the street, on the drivers' side on Amy's brand-new 300C (we just got this car back in April '06. Black on black, so its hard enuf to keep clean) and I cant see where the guy's hands are....I walk back toward car n into street-the guy is grabbing the door handle so I immediately start barking at the guy "Get the F**K away from my car!" as Im walking. When Im about 10 feet away, he finally goes back around to the sidewalk. At this point, a passer-by yells to me that this guy is in fact homeless, usually on meds too (yay) and his bag of belongings is about 50' away in between the grocery store n adjacent building. This bum is still wearing hospital scrub pants n shirt under his 300-year-old jacket so I can believe this guy has issues, but then I also noticed his left hand is bandaged and guaze is half bled-thru...
I tell guy repeatedly to stay away from my car-he seems to not even hear me although Im standing 3' away.
I walk for the entrance again, and Amy stops me before I get 50'-the guy is walking back around to the drivers' side again. (at this point, I yell to Amy to go get security from the grocery store)
Now, Im gettn upset so I use ahh...the most colorful language I can come up with to impress upon this guy that I am upset by him touching the black car in front of him, that happens to be MINE. I try to stress to him the importance of moving away from the vehicle for his own well-being, and I make him aware of my waning patience with him....he moves around after I get close enuf to swing...
I wait till he is back on sidewalk, at least 10' from the car-I have to yell at him to back up that far. Then I head for the door again...I get 10' and turn to check-the bum is now reaching for the passenger-side doorhandle and shaking it hard (its locked-duh).
Well....I lost it (sort of) at this point. I walked right for the guy (oh yeah-this bum is about 5' 6", 270lbs...not a crack-head bum...a big, fat bum...a big, fat, nutso, bleeding bum) and shove him hard to get him off the car (while yelling at him as loud as I can to STILL get the f away n just walk off somewhere else)-he shrugs off my shove and now since he's been moved back a few steps, he goes for the door again (which I am now standing in between him n it) while sneering at me....sorry folks, but I gave him a full-on knockdown push which sent him rolling over my hood, and back onto his butt in front of the car...now he finally starts speaking but I cant make out what he's saying...just muttering crap. Im still yelling at him to just go away, and he's obviously not getting it.
Finally, Amy comes out with a Cop n I explain what happend n he asks if I want to press charges or let'em go. I did want to press charges, because this guy was attempting to break into my car...repeatedly!

so, we took him into the back of store (after Cop cuffed him) to wait for a wagon, and these two jaggoffs come at me with words that REALLY made me wanna knock THEM out:
One jerk hears that I'm gettn the cops involved, and says "YOU are calling the cops? I was gunna call them on YOU for what YOU did" i told him if he tried to break into my car....I would have done much worse.
Then some other candy-azz is tryin to walk along with me, the bum, n the cop telling me that he's in the medical field, and this guy obviously has medical problems-so I was way outta line reacting the way I did.
i asked that dink if I looked like I was in the "medical field"....then I explained how I spend more time sending people INTO emergency rooms than I do sending them OUT.

So....my guys (who deal with the same s**t I do) all agreed I was very nice in how I handled it-the guy still had all his bones where they were supposed to be, all his teeth (I think), etc...
all my other bros think I am a magnet for drama...its my fault because I could have just parked somewhere else, and then I wouldn't have to worry about 'crazy Eddie' feelin-up Amy's car....their idea is to be as non-confrontational as possible. If that were me-I'd have to quit my side job n basically never walk into a bar again. People pick fights with me on GP when they get drunk or upset...I dont TRY to fight them, I just try to get rid of them-just like I did with this bum....n if they want to keep coming back for more..........well, ole' Diesel's got a big can in the back pocket for those occaisions too.

now....how do I order groceries online?
crazy.gif

oh n P.S: the bum's bag of stuff was brought in (we couldnt get him to tell his name, so a store clerk went out n got the items) and in the bag were the rest of his civvies, n two LARGE jars of medication (Im no pharmicist so dont ask me what they were) from the hospital that is located ABOVE the grocery store...apparently he had wandered out with his stuff without being cleared to leave and he wandered into the grocery store where he promptly dropped his scubs/pants and spilled all his stuff onto the floor. Clerks got his pants up, put his stuff into a bag n shoved him outside but never alerted anyone from the hospital or MPD that this guy was waling around right in front of the store for over an hour.....n it wasnt warm out either, like 40s that day so I know scrub pants werent keeping all the cold out.
Im glad I got the cops involved, cuz now that guy is gettin help at least for his medical issues n some food/warm place to be for a while...........sux to think about around Xmas or any time really.

be glad for what you have folks-some people got it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

He got off easy IMO. He would have been picking himself up after the first time you told him to get away. Homeless/Mental condition is not a free ticket to break into your car. What would he have done if it was just Amy? Good on you for protecting your property without killing the guy.

I don't know what is worse, you putting a beat down on a medicated bum who obviously couldn't defend himself............ or you are sharing you "holiday experience" with the board.

Tis the season  

smile.gif

Well Your Bro's have one thing right... You are a Drama Queen...

A BIG Drama Queen...
smile.gif

Still a Queen Though.

Hope you and the missus are enjoying married life. I understand the urge to look after your stuff though and I have a solution.

Stay the HELL outta the City... Big Cities Suck, plain and simple.

At least out in the Burbs there are fewer Bleeding heart LibTards standing around telling you how YOU SHOULD have acted... Easier to get rid of Bodies too... SO I've Heard.
wow.gif

Sitting here calm on the couch I dont think I would have given him the accross the hood roll on the ground push, but hey atleast you didnt punch him.

If I were in the moment with my blood boiling it may have been worse.

You had no way of identifying his issues so that excuse doesnt fly with me. If he would have been paralyzed or visibly handicapped thats a whole different story.

And at the end of the story he is back where he belongs and the workd is a little safer.
beerchug.gif

Oh and next time take a pic!!!!
laugh.gif

Someone with those problems shouldn't be wondering the streets. You probably should have gotten the police involved sooner so you didn't have to get physical, but playing Monday morning QB is alot easier than being in the situation.

When wifey and I worked in DC, we had a homeless encounter which got physical. I'm not going into details, but I didn't let him off as easy as Big D did.

I have a lot of compassion for homeless people, but that kind of stuff burns me up. What are you supposed to do ... let him break into your car, or maybe take it for a spin? What if you needed medication, too, to control your anger? Who's at fault then?

As for the two morons in the back of the store, you should have invited them to go ahead and try to open your car door ....
wink.gif

(Revlis @ Nov. 29 2006,14:35) Well Your Bro's have one thing right... You are a Drama Queen...

A BIG Drama Queen...
smile.gif

Still a Queen Though.

Hope you and the missus are enjoying married life. I understand the urge to look after your stuff though and I have a solution.

Stay the HELL outta the City... Big Cities Suck, plain and simple.

At least out in the Burbs there are fewer Bleeding heart LibTards standing around telling you how YOU SHOULD have acted... Easier to get rid of Bodies too... SO I've Heard.
wow.gif
Mom warm the backhoe up
laugh.gif

lurk.gif
again no video WTF. Should have told the wife to dial 911 the first time you went back to the car. I just wouldn't want you arrested for PDC or Assault. You are entertaining.
all_coholic.gif

Ever heard of TB or bloodeborne pathegens. A tiny amount of his blood flying into your mouth or eyes could have done you for life. Be careful this Christmas.

I would have laid him flat out cold the second he touched my car the first time, but Im not known for my civility towards anyone,lol

hmmmm...mixed bag of reactions here....Im just glad nobody suger-coats here....thats one reason I keep coming back...that n all the dirty pix...oh wait, thats a different site
wow.gif

I spent a week looking back at how I handled things, and I really think after the idiocy of parking in front of a crazy bum, I did pretty good-sent Amy to get security after he started round 2, and never actually struck him (honestly, I knew there were cameras outside the grocery store, so that was in the back of my head the whole time...had there not been cameras, or a streetfull of witnesses like the 8 guys across the street kiddy-corner working outside on a building...maybe I would not have been as 'diplomatic'....but I am never out looking to hurt anybody.......unless they ride a ZX-14R n run around telling their friends how much faster it is than a Busa-I'll kick that guys' butt anytime, anywhere
firedevil.gif
)

n Hevy-I got yer pics/video RIGHT HERE!
guns.gif

You handled it great! You handled it perfect considering you were in the middle of it and thinking on your feet as it is happening. When someone is messingwith my car or family I see red pretty quick, there is little room for the gradual change in diplomacy.

Way to go!
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif

ok i would have let him a a whole lot of my rubber on his face for touching my vehicle

but then again i might not have in this kind of situation i would have probably been pissed and pushed his shopping cart away from him and see how he liked it

You done good. I think we can all walk away from this with a lesson on how we would confront a similar situation.
"Hhhmm this seems a whole lot like BigDiesel's situation". Better stay near the car just in case to discourage this guy...

Weak man weak..You let him touch you car a 2nd time and didnt lay him out?

Just kidding. Grandma always used to tell me " Everyone knows what to do with a kicking mule cept the person holding it..." You did what you thought was right and I think you were well within your rights to protect your property. Sickness or not....But again no pictures? You or your wife should never leave home without a digital camera around your necks.

ahhhhhhh, u guys n tha camera jokes....I had my phone on me, but I never can figure out how to convert those images into files I can send to my photobucket acct....they wont transfer for some reason-I have some vid of when I blew out my rear behind my bike's shop (rolled it right in for a new one after that), but it is only viewable from my Verizon site...I sent it to my hotmail acct. n then downloaded to send to PBucket, but wont work...
sad.gif

somebody got a fix for this, I'll post up my burn/blowout vids!

(and the next Bumfight i get into.....whenever Mrninja9 comes up to visit
firedevil.gif
)

Back