I've stopped buying booze from my local

Several good points have been made but what it comes down to Andy is what are you comfortable with. Personally, I would say don't cut down the apple tree because of an under ripe apple. Give it time to ripen and get you know you and your wonderful personality.
tounge.gif

Seriously tho. Give the kid a break. If you owned or managed the store and your "new hire" let someone walk right in against store policy, how much faith would you have in that employee.

Don

New kid just following the rules.  He doesn't know you've been in there every day for the last decade buying booze
laugh.gif

That funny.
got a full open mouth HAHA for that one, +1 for sure.

Are you saying that a pimply faced 20 year old was following rules, looking out for his boss, and being responsible?

Send him out to Alberta, we could use a couple hundred in the big cities, every powersports dealer I walk into is looking for people.

Hey Rub- I am in Cowtown this week, anyone you want me to say Hi to?

its just like here in pa...they will be going to carding everyone for cigs....right now its anyone looking "younger" than 27...we all dont like the po po but when they are "just doing thier job"...we have to remember some times these things are in place to protect us or help us...think about it...pimple kid telling you to leave back pack...means owners might just have less theft leading to more profit...wich allows owners to fight off the discrimination lawsuits so they can afford to hire more scantly clad ladies wich brings you back time after time.....make sence?

...think about it...pimple kid telling you to leave back pack...means owners might just have less theft leading to more profit...wich allows owners to fight off the discrimination lawsuits so they can afford to hire more scantly clad ladies wich brings you back time after time.....make sence?
"Make sence".... it does.

As long as crummy blanket policy doesn't lose most valuable customer along the way.

Why am I suddenly speaking/typing like Confusious would have?

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149004512 -->

Yeah, just a new kid.

What pisses me off is the jerk at Walmart that watches you pay at the register and then flags you down as you try to get out the door. They want to look at your receipt and rummage through your cart. Like you stole something in the 75 foot trip to the door.

My wife always says "F*ck you!" and keeps on rolling. No one has chased us down yet. I don't know what the legal implications are.

I would speak to the mgr,Andy,get him to introduce you to said "kid",and tell him that it ok for you to enter with back pack,now if mgr.refuses,THEN find somewhere else to do business.Give the a chance to keep your patronage,if they,know you,value your patronage,there wont be a problem with your request.
+1
biggrin.gif

Yeah, just a new kid.

What pisses me off is the jerk at Walmart that watches you pay at the register and then flags you down as you try to get out the door.  They want to look at your receipt and rummage through your cart.  Like you stole something in the 75 foot trip to the door.  

My wife always says "F*ck you!" and keeps on rolling.  No one has chased us down yet.  I don't know what the legal implications are.
Funny you mention this...

I triggered the alarm for the first time a while back...gal walks over, takes my receipt and starts quizzing me...

Girl: What's such and such?

Me: That's something for the kids (as I reach in the bag to get it out)

Girl: What's such and such?

Me: Look through the bags; I've only got 3 (as I push the cart toward her because I'm in a rush, on my lunch break)

Girl: Oh, we can't look in your bags...

Me: What? You can't check to see if I've stolen something?

Girl: Nope...(she sees the confusion on my face)...I know, it doesn't make any sense; it's against our store policy...

WTF?! LOL
laugh.gif

Andy, don't buy from them! With your volume, you should be buying direct from their supplier. Have them set you up as a distributor and save some cash!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back