I've seen people using stands...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
a device that would completely suspend a Busa off the ground, meaning no force on tires or suspension. Is there a way?

I've seen dirt bikes completely suspended from the ground center blocks (stand). Yes, I know that the Busa is much different.

We hoisted my Katana from the rafters using tie-downs. I can't remember WHY we did that.. but it was hanging from the rafters, fer sure...
tounge.gif

A while back an innovative boardmember used a ladder with straps to lift his bike.  I don't see why it wouldn't work for the front too as long as the ladder was rated for the weight of the bike.

post-6-84151-busa_side.jpg

post-6-84608-busa_back1.jpg

Also, you can use a rear lift to get the bike up, then jack stands through the frame to hold it up and release the rear.

HRS1.jpg

HRS2.jpg

And if you have the right front stand, one that mounts under the nose instead of the fork tubes, you can lift like you're talking about.

lpusafrtstand.jpg

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144195561 -->

Would using some system(s) like this not make for a better lasting suspension over time?

I understand it takes a little longer...just wondering who was utilizing this method and how.

Would using some system(s) like this not make for a better lasting suspension over time?

I understand it takes a little longer...just wondering who was utilizing this method and how.
If you're talking about long term storage, the most I would worry about is getting the bike off of the ground (tires).  Having the supsension compressed while sitting there isn't gonna make a difference as compared to sitting on it and running it down the road.

It certainly wouldn't matter for the time it takes when servicing the bike.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144256307 -->

i just went outside and mic'd the pivot holes and you can fit as large as a 3/4 rod through both swingarm pivot and front ..so i am going to go to harbor freight to price some jack stands...if this goes as planned i can get rod from work for free and pick up cheap jack stands and put the bike up to either work on or storage off the floor completely and the bigger the rod the more stable it will be to not tilt or move

I have the pit bull stands in stock at the shop and they really do work. Pretty nice if you ask me and I can do them cheeper than that too.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Back