It's time to Pamper her (New Mods)

bigjack7679

Registered
Well, it is time to get the Busa ready for the riding season. She’s heading to the shop this weekend for some upgrades and maintenance. She hasn’t been out since October due to a small hole in the radiator. Here’s a list of everything that I Plan on getting done. Suggestions and comments are welcomed

Brocks Street Meg
21xxx miles
Bike is mostly rode straight up.

ECU Tune (Sabin Performance Dallas)

Valve check/Adjustment

Radiator Repair

Tune UP

Air Filter

Throttle sync

Oil change (Maxima Extra)

6 inch extensions (FTD Customs)

EK 3d chain (520 or 530 motomummy.com)???? 9,400lbs tensile strength for 520

Rear break line (FTD or Motomummy)

Undertail kit/Tag bracket (ballzmotorsports)

Powder coat all the gray pegs etc... Black

Can the fuel filter be changed on this bike?????

Should I replace the sprockets as well????

Unless you are actively racing where every ounce makes a difference, stay with a 530 chain. New sprockets are a must with a new chain.
Suggestion- if not done recently, flush your BRAKE and clutch fluids.

Please Do NOT get extensions for the swingarm. Get a real swingarm! Always change the sprockets with a new chain. Stay with the 530 chain. Uhhhhh, you COULD TECHNICALLY change the fuel filter BUT, you'd have to find a new one somewhere, remove the pump from the tank, and then literally remove the pump from the bracket inside, really nasty pain in the ass. As for the chain, why spend the money on the 3d chain? The ones from APE or Powerhouse (really anywhere) that EK sells are just as good or better. If for some reason you insist on extensions though, make sure you get the brake line, chain, AND either a longer brake bracket or a custom one to accommodate the caliper :thumbsup: Good luck and we're here if you need us

Go with a +3 rear sprocket(46 tooth)and steel, not aluminum.
With an ecu tune the 1st through 4th lower timing restrictions will be removed, and the +3 ups the rpms around 600 at 60mph(and everywhere of course).
The flash and sprocket make great use of the Busas lower rpms(as well as the mid and high), the bike will pull much harder.
Highly recommended.
New sprockets with a new chain is always best, especially with 21k on the old ones.

EBC HH "Extreme Pro" front brake pads. Ceramic embedded pads.
They will stop you shorter, and every little bit counts.
Stainless steel front brake lines will improve the brake feel as well, won't feel spongey, especially on hot days and/or hard riding.

Please Do NOT get extensions for the swingarm. Get a real swingarm! Always change the sprockets with a new chain. Stay with the 530 chain. Uhhhhh, you COULD TECHNICALLY change the fuel filter BUT, you'd have to find a new one somewhere, remove the pump from the tank, and then literally remove the pump from the bracket inside, really nasty pain in the ass. As for the chain, why spend the money on the 3d chain? The ones from APE or Powerhouse (really anywhere) that EK sells are just as good or better. If for some reason you insist on extensions though, make sure you get the brake line, chain, AND either a longer brake bracket or a custom one to accommodate the caliper :thumbsup: Good luck and we're here if you need us

I was considering getting a full swingarm but after seeing how well the high quality extension are doing; I changed my mind.
The 3d chain is suppose to be an upgrade from the ZZZ. I know the ZZZ iS a great chain but I wouldn't mind tring something new.

I didn't know the fuel filter was such a big PITA. Sounds like a No go for me.

Thanks for the advice.

Go with a +3 rear sprocket(46 tooth)and steel, not aluminum.
With an ecu tune the 1st through 4th lower timing restrictions will be removed, and the +3 ups the rpms around 600 at 60mph(and everywhere of course).
The flash and sprocket make great use of the Busas lower rpms(as well as the mid and high), the bike will pull much harder.
Highly recommended.
New sprockets with a new chain is always best, especially with 21k on the old ones.

Thanks for the advice six pack. I have thought about going up 3 in the rear but I'm concerned about losing mpg. I know it's not a biggie for most people but I like to stay close to 40+ on my commute to work.

But my job is closer now so i'll have to revisit that.

I will look into the brake pads and break line.

Unless you are actively racing where every ounce makes a difference, stay with a 530 chain. New sprockets are a must with a new chain.
Suggestion- if not done recently, flush your BRAKE and clutch fluids.

So 530 it is.

I recently did the brakes and clutch fluid

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice six pack. I have thought about going up 3 in the rear but I'm concerned about losing mpg. I know it's not a biggie for most people but I like to stay close to 40+ on my commute to work.

But my job is closer now so i'll have to revisit that.

I will look into the brake pads and break line.

Cruising and being easy on the throttle the +3 doesn't make a dramatic difference in gas mileage.
And...unless you already have a Speedohealer, you're not getting quite as good of mileage as you think. The stock speedometer is off over 7%.
A Speedohealer is plug and play and can be set for any sprocket and tire sizes, accurate against gps too.
Around $100 and just plugs in under the left fairing. Worth doing, even with stock sprockets.
Boostbysmith and Pashnit have them.

Have you set the suspension sag on the bike? You look BIG and heavy.
You would probably benefit from stiffer fork springs.
Does the front dive or bottom out, or have a double bounce when you're hard on the brakes?

There is a thread on here about modding the fuel filter. It was a pretty in depth write up by ChrisJP. Shows you what 2 do step by step with pics. I did it and it worked like a charm. You do have 2 remove the fuel pump assembly etc. but I was upgrading my fuel system (injectors, pump, rail, etc.) so i did that too while I had the chance.

For the price you'd pay 4 extensions I'd keep an eye out on here and other busa forums for a quality used swingarm. You could get it powdercoated along with your footpegs. You may or may not like the stretch and could always swap back your stock arm if you don't like it or when U go 2 sell it. Can't do that once you hack it up.....:whistle:

I'd see what they are gonna charge you to repair your radiator vs the cost of just buying a used 1 off a forum or ebay. Sometimes shops try 2 take you 2 the cleaners on repairs like that cause they assume you are desperate and have no other option but them. When in reality it may be cheaper and less of a hassle 2 just replace the whole thing all 2gether

Yeah basically you bypass the internal fuel filter and replace it with an external fuel filter. You can mount it anywhere under the tank securely so it doesn't move around or rub anything. In the write up Chris uses a disposable fuel filter from an autoparts store. I bought a billet reusable external filter from Gixx1300R. Every oil change just lift the tank and clean and reinstall :beerchug:

Have you set the suspension sag on the bike? You look BIG and heavy.
You would probably benefit from stiffer fork springs.
Does the front dive or bottom out, or have a double bounce when you're hard on the brakes?

I'm big but not heavy :rofl: But yeah, I'm 300lbs. The front does dive some unless I hold my weight up by squeezing the tank with my legs.
I think I saw a good thread on the fork springs a while back.

I need to look into the sag as well. It's defiantly not set up for my weight,

Have you heard of Speedodrd 12 O'clockLabs SpeedoDRD. I'm going with them to kill the factory 7 percent variance

Back