It's been said that one picture is worth a 1000

There isn't any flag waving, impressive words, or glorious speeches that will give that kid back the ONLY thing he cares about...

Everything else is bullshit, Just ask the kid.

don't need 1000 words.

Just one.

Sad.

Yes it's true that the saying goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" but this picture needs nothing. It deserves a moment of silence and your own thoughts and prayers for this young man, his family, and their loss....

(hayadooin @ Jun. 05 2007,20:49) Yes it's true that the saying goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" but this picture needs nothing. It deserves a moment of silence and your own thoughts and prayers for this young man, his family, and their loss....
Well said

bowdown.gif

I had the Honor of doing a few burial details before getting out of the Corps. The one that was the most difficault thing I ever had to do was to give a 12year old boy a flag for his fathers bravery. I have always been a totally gung ho, hard core,life taker, mean motor scooter devil dog. But when I hand the flag to the little boy and saluated him I had a tear roll down my check. That was the one and only time I ever cried in uniform.

So I don't think you can use just one word to describe that picture.

(captain @ Jun. 06 2007,09:04) Put life and sacrifice back into perspective!!!
It certainly reminds us of the sacrifice required for the freedom and liberty that we sometimes take for granted.
bowdown.gif

I hope this kids mother is going to be able to keep this
positive for the kid through it all. Some people understand and accept a hero's death, some become bitter and seek blame...and some.......well, I don't want to say it.
War is hell, war is hell, war is hell......................................................................................

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 06 2007,09:45) I hope this kids mother is going to be able to keep this
positive for the kid through it all.   Some people understand and accept a hero's death, some become bitter and seek blame...and some.......well,  I don't want to say it.
War is hell, war is hell, war is hell......................................................................................

You sound like you have some pesonal issues you need to work out.

1000 is not nearly anough much love and respect to those who serv and portect our freedom with the right to bear arms why is bush still here . that one brang a tears to the eyes

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 06 2007,10:04)
(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 06 2007,09:45) I hope this kids mother is going to be able to keep this
positive for the kid through it all.   Some people understand and accept a hero's death, some become bitter and seek blame...and some.......well,  I don't want to say it.

You sound like you have some pesonal issues you need to work out.

I've been to war and sat next to my brothers in arms as they lay dieing.   Issues?...yea, there's still a few.
But, most people have no clue about the emotional end of war... and I WOULD do it all over again.
All we can do is pray for that little boy to be strong and succeed in life without his Father now. I've had to talk to and console little kids like that who just lost a family member.
But I'll say it again. 1,000,000 Iraqi lives aren't worth one American father, mother, sister, brother, uncle. We should have just bombed them into oblivion like we have the means to do and save all our American soldiers lives. How many names do we want on the next wall, is that the name of the game now...fairness at the expense of American lives?
I'm glad we're fighting back and dealing with the terrorist scurge of the earth, but we're so much better than this, so much more proficient at solving these problems.
That picture literally breaks my heart, because it's preventable. We have the technology to prevent little Timmy from loosing his Dad.
But, I always did what my country asked of me and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I just wish they would stop pussyfooting around.

brave.gif

Luvanicebum:  First off I would like to say thank you.....

I have been to quite a few of these.......  Never fun always sad.  Anyone that is in the military, has been in the military, or is going into the military THANK YOU.

Thank you all

I was that little boy on March 30, 2007...

I was a little older, but I don't think I held up as well as he appears to in that photo. My Dad was older and didn't die in combat, but he made sacrifices that most of us will never know to serve his country - and his family - in Vietnam and Korea. Nor was the pain of his loss diminished by his age.

To all the people who serve to keep us free - thank you.

Back