It's been said that one picture is worth a 1000

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
How many words is this one worth?

Flag.JPG

All I know is that neither one of them can be thanked enough for their sacrifice.
beerchug.gif

I see 2 brave men there who's sacrafices keep us safe and free.
bowdown.gif

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 05 2007,16:16) That makes me almost want to cry
It did me, the worst duty Ive had to do is CACO. The emotions just come flooding in.

But the word that comes to me is THANK YOU.

At first sight of the picture I was speechless.Then my thoughts went toward that young man that no longer has a dad.That young man is showing strength and courage.He is very proud of his dad.His sacrafice is of the highest.
God Bless him.
God Bless our troops.

(Gunnybusa @ Jun. 05 2007,16:19)
It did me, the worst duty Ive had to do is CACO. The emotions just come flooding in.

I dont think I could do that.

I can deal with a lot of stuff. and I am pretty strong and tough and pretty hard about most things in life.. but man.. kids... they are my weak spot.

My boys have made me a softy when it comes to kids, little boogers..

Pretty much everyone else can go to he11 !!!

j/k

sort of
biggrin.gif

That is a powerful picture.. dayum..

(proud dad @ Jun. 05 2007,16:29) At first sight of the picture I was speechless.Then my thoughts went toward that young man that no longer has a dad.That young man is showing strength and courage.He is very proud of his dad.His sacrafice is of the highest.
  God Bless him.
                        God Bless our troops.
+1
beerchug.gif

My dad was an ex-vet also. So when we had his funeral last year, we had the color-guard come out and do his funeral.

It REAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY sucked! One of the sadest parts of the whole thing. I had to stand there and accept the flag just like that little boy in the photo. "I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!" I had to stand there and not cry myself, IT SUCKED!

Losing my dad at 15 REALLY sucked, and i hadn't even seen him in a while. "He was an over-the-road trucker."

I can't IMAGINE what it was like for this kid, i feel so sorry for him.
sad.gif

And +1 on our men and women in the armed forces doing a GREAT service. ALL shall be remembered.
bowdown.gif

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 05 2007,19:35)
(Gunnybusa @ Jun. 05 2007,16:19)

I dont think I could do that.

I can deal with a lot of stuff. and I am pretty strong and tough and pretty hard about most things in life.. but man.. kids... they are my weak spot.

My boys have made me a softy when it comes to kids, little boogers..

Pretty much everyone else can go to he11 !!!

j/k

sort of    
biggrin.gif

That is a powerful picture.. dayum..
I right there with ya Thrasher.

(motogp08 @ Jun. 05 2007,16:39) My dad was an ex-vet also. So when we had his funeral last year, we had the color-guard come out and do his funeral.

It REAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY sucked! One of the sadest parts of the whole thing. I had to stand there and accept the flag just like that little boy in the photo. "I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!" I had to stand there and not cry myself, IT SUCKED!

Losing my dad at 15 REALLY sucked, and i hadn't even seen him in a while. "He was an over-the-road trucker."

sad.gif

And +1 on our men and women in the armed forces doing a GREAT service. ALL shall be remembered.
bowdown.gif
Sorry about your dad moto.. that sucks...
sad.gif

sad.gif

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 05 2007,16:41)
(motogp08 @ Jun. 05 2007,16:39) My dad was an ex-vet also. So when we had his funeral last year, we had the color-guard come out and do his funeral.

sad.gif

bowdown.gif
Sorry about your dad moto.. that sucks...  
sad.gif
Thanks Ron, yeah, it really sucked. But thankfully i've had a year behind me to make the pain go away a little. It's really strange thinking that he's not out there somewhere.
sad.gif

And then icing-on-the-cake, i lost my best-friend about a month and a half after my dad.

THAT FUNERAL WAS REEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY painful. I didn't get to see my dad much, but i looked forward to church every sunday just to see my best friend. "He was an adult."

But after his passing, church doesn't really feel the same. My mom was dating his brother by the way, that's how we became friends. We spent a lot of time together, he got sick about 8 months after we became friends.

Then he spent something like a week in the hospital, and was gone. LIFE REALLY SUCK'S SOMTIMES!
pissed.gif

I really wish they were both still around.
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Words I can't explain. But a emotion that has put tears in my eyes.
sad.gif

It brought a tear to my eye.

I think my words would be:

We must ensure that we provide the same support, care and attention to the families of our soldiers as we do to those that serve.

That picture is amazing...a real grabber. Moto. I'm sorry for your losses. You have healing to do, please give yourself time.

(Red05 @ Jun. 05 2007,17:23) That picture is amazing...a real grabber. Moto. I'm sorry for your losses. You have healing to do, please give yourself time.
Thanks for the condolences Red. But i've had about a year now, and i still have my surviving family and my busa family to rely on for comfort.

The condolences are highly appreciated, thank you.
bowdown.gif

sad.gif
cant write now need tissue.......................................

Back