It was a rough weekend

Dennis

Registered
We went to the Trick-tools Motorcycle Mania race at Eddyville, Iowa this past weekend. Two of us were in the heads-up class, and two others were in ET. Friday testing yielded this for my buddy in heads-up.
IMG_5274.JPG

He switched over to a slow bike in ET and at least won first round against an evil Kawasaki the next day.
Second round of eliminations in the heads-up I set a new bike 1/4 mile et and speed record for the track ... at an 1/8 mile track, with no brakes. Pic is after we hauled it out of the row in the right of the pic. The end of the track is a small circle track originally built for Legends race cars, so I took the left side of the bank to minimze the jump and followed into the path the funny car made (fortunately for me) the week before so I didn't have to eat corn the whole distance.
VDHA9680.JPG

If I would have known how easy it was to fix the problem I would have done so and made the finals and been competitive.
Then another buddy had a spin-hook wheelie, screen shots below. He smoked his back and was in pain for several days.
IMG_5259.PNG

IMG_5261.PNG

But hey, I guess we had fun anyway. The third buddy didn't break anything, so I guess he leads a boring life.

Back