It was a joke

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
A friend of mine has a small Bar/Pub. Small place, nothing fancy but a nice place to go once in a while. So a coupla days ago he changed the sign out front. You know, the small portable type out near the road. Below the name of the place he added this

Liquor in the front
Poker in the rear

It was a joke. But the Liquor Control Board guys got pissed. Shut him down for 3 days and fined him $1000.00 bucks. He's open again and appealing the fine. Hoping to get it suspended. Everyone I know laughed their a$$e$ off. But the Feds have no sense of humor.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133377564 -->

sign =  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

feds =  
guns.gif

face7.gif

moderator.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

A friend of mine has a small Bar/Pub. Small place, nothing fancy but a nice place to go once in a while. So a coupla days ago he changed the sign out front. You know, the small portable type out near the road. Below the name of the place he added this

Liquor in the front
Poker in the rear

It was a joke. But the Liquor Control Board guys got pissed. Shut him down for 3 days and fined him $1000.00 bucks. He's open again and appealing the fine. Hoping to get it suspended. Everyone I know laughed their a$$e$ of. But the Feds have no sense of humor.

David
The Reverend Horton Heat would be so proud....
wink.gif

Liquor, I hardly know her.
Poker, I just meet her.
Should have misspelled the words, then he might have been able to sue .

free speech? --oh man dont get me started--
soapbox.gif

tell me , do they let people smoke cigs (that they paid mega taxes on) in his bar?

I had a t-shirt from a bar with that saying on it back in 1977

Had the "Liquor up front" over the rolling stones logo, and the "Poker in the rear" under it

free speech?  --oh man dont get me started--  
soapbox.gif

tell me , do they let people smoke cigs (that they paid mega taxes on) in his bar?
Does the state his bussiness is in have a lottery? bet it does but since he was'ent selling lottery tickets for em no poker for anybody...what a bunch of crapola...So he was joking about gambling but the state really does run the numbers...go figure.

soapbox.gif

Does the state his bussiness is in have a lottery? bet it does but since he was'ent selling lottery tickets for em no poker for anybody...what a bunch of crapola...So he was joking about gambling but the state really does run the numbers...go figure.

soapbox.gif

Yes, Texas has a state lotto. They told him he was being charged with advertizing the sale of liquor. Which he was not licensed for and promoting gambling. Which is illegal in Texas. Strange huh.

Back