It may be a bad year around here

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
Well this riding season has started off good, so far. It has been the usual thing, about two up to six of us riding. On a good night we will soon have around a dozen experienced riders at one time. Now for some reason every guy out there thinks they need a sport bike, this really worries me. Some of them are smart and bought Katanas and 600s, that doesn't really bother me much. What really bothers me are the guys that have never rode before buying liter bikes like CBR1000RRs. These guys are buying these things and are not even buying helmets. I have a bad feeling there are going to be a lot of injuries this year. I have rode with a few of them and they seem to be doing good on them right now. The thing I am worried about is later on when it gets warm and all the regulars come out. The guys I ride with really don't cruise around town, they haul a$$ and they ride GSXR1000s, CBR954s, CBR1100XXs, and CBR1000RRs. I'm afraid these new guys are going to try to hang weaving through traffic, racing, and going through high speed sweepers because most of them are the type of person that has to out do everybody else. This happen last year, a kid on a Katana was trying to keep up through a turn, couldn't hold the line and drifted into the curb. The kid wasn't seriously hurt but the bike was trash. So I am hoping they know their limits or at least buy some gear so they won't get hurt too bad. On a funnier note, I was talking to a couple guys on Katanas today. They asked the usual question "How fast have you been on that thing?" I told them I have bumped the limiter at 186mph and they were like "WOW! Thats fast." Then one of the newbies in question (16 years old) rode up on a CBR929 so they asked him the same question. I almost started laughing when he replied with 210mph. I let it slide because I didn't want to argue with him. So, I hope I don't have to, but I will keep you posted with the "downed" list. Be safe and have a good ride.

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: "no reason just wanted to"|1112262250 -->

rock.gif

I see the same thing here in Fl. I saw a guy yesterday (great weather) on a new gixxer 1K, wearing a beautiful leather jacket, tennis shoes, shorts and no gloves or helmet. Asking for trouble, if you ask me.

I see the same shid here in IL. Oh well, if that's the way they want to ride. Wear the gear for the crash, not the ride.

With the start of bike night only a week away, the official NWA bike season is about to begin....hopefully, it will be a better start then last year, six fatalities in thirty days. Only one sport bike rider, the rest helmet-less cruiser folk. Bigjohn's words are so true, last night on the way home a guy and his girl were next to me at a light....brand new liter bike. He kills it twice just sitting there and once more when the light changes, then gases it to get going almost throwing her off. Worst part....both were in shorts, sandles and no helmets. I wonder if they even made it home last night....

Some idiot was talking to me about his new bone stock zx-10 that does 215 mph right out of the crate. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. Also, I wish I had a dime for every guy that tells me about doing 180 mph on their cbr600. Where do these guys come from?

It's almost time for the local squids to bust out their shorts while riding. Funny as hell, they'll buy a nice jacket,gloves and a helmet. Then from the waist down it'll be shorts and low cut shoes.

The local dragstrip has a superbike challenge shootout deal once a year and they'll let you run in shorts! and the squids do!

I see the same thing here in Fl.  I saw a guy yesterday (great weather) on a new gixxer 1K, wearing a beautiful leather jacket, tennis shoes, shorts and no gloves or helmet.  Asking for trouble, if you ask me.
man, i love hating that sight, just thinking of the god awful pain guys like that will experience from road rash (if they're not veg'd or dead from a tank slapper with no lid)...ahhhh, i'd love to be a fly on the wall...
tounge.gif

part of me feels bad for what I just noted and part of me is experiencing a dervish glee...
blush.gif

I figure if you want to be dumb and wear no gear-that's your problem. Go ahead. I have a problem with these idiots stunting in traffic and cutting off cars doing 100+. If they want to die, fine, I don't care about that...it just gives the cops more reason to target us, and the general public reason to hate us even more. I've had instances where I went to pass cars (legally) and they have tried to cut me off so I can't.

_And another thing!
mad.gif

I just got back from the winghouse. Thursday was our sportbike night. Well it's turning into harley night now. I look around and everyone in there is pounding beers right and left (sportbikers too). Good idea before you hit the road, eh? It pisses me off because I have to use those same roads as well as my family. I guess drinking lessens the pain when you hit asphault with your shorts and no helmet. Some of these drunk guys could really do damage to something especially with their half naked lard-ass 300lb girl on the back.

already had two cruisers bite it in my area.. no major injuries though so thats good.

Whats wrong with riding in flip flops, shorts, and no lid
laugh.gif
hopefully they'll learn before they get seriously hurt or killed.

Back