It just doesn't stop

I added a bit after your quote. See above. I agree it is a problem. No doubt.
But again this was one whereas millions are still alive and not playing with guns doing Tik toks. I also agree that parents or the individual should be looked at hard and punished if needed. But take each case on an individual basis and don’t make it a flat out punishment for all. Access made it easier, sure. But it was a lack of knowledge that caused it.
All true, but a case by case approach doesn't work as there are too many variables at play...for instance a kid that is normally compliant and respectful one day can change the next due to an incident of which they failed to disclose to anyone...it happens all the time..

In this case the kid who normally would never touch that loaded available handgun all of a sudden feels the urge to take it to exact revenge on a bully.......or......

A friend comes to visit who has no experience with the safe handling of guns takes it down to look at it and accidently shoots someone......these scenarios are very common.

Innocent kids are dying for no good reason other than the parents have some sort of sense of entitlement to their right to bear arms...and are irresponsible with their firearms..

All true, but a case by case approach doesn't work as there are too many variables at play...for instance a kid that is normally compliant and respectful one day can change the next due to an incident of which they failed to disclose to anyone...it happens all the time..

In this case the kid who normally would never touch that loaded available handgun all of a sudden feels the urge to take it to exact revenge on a bully.......or......

A friend comes to visit who has no experience with the safe handling of guns takes it down to look at it and accidently shoots someone......these scenarios are very common.

Innocent kids are dying for no good reason other than the parents have some sort of sense of entitlement to their right to bear arms...and are irresponsible with their firearms..

Kinda don’t disagree. It’s already a felony here in Florida to leave a gun within easy access to a minor. I still think it would help to teach gun safety to kids. As I mentioned schools used to support the Eddie the Eagle program. They used to teach gun safety in schools. They used to have actual real guns they’d use to do this. Now? Nope. Not a single democrat would favor that. Why?
And the end result is as we see in the link, kids playing with guns and one winds up dying as a result.

Kinda don’t disagree. It’s already a felony here in Florida to leave a gun within easy access to a minor. I still think it would help to teach gun safety to kids. As I mentioned schools used to support the Eddie the Eagle program. They used to teach gun safety in schools. They used to have actual real guns they’d use to do this. Now? Nope. Not a single democrat would favor that. Why?
And the end result is as we see in the link, kids playing with guns and one winds up dying as a result.
Teaching gun safety is one thing, actually enforcing that gun safety out of eye sight is another...

I taught motorcycle courses for a few years and put a lot of pride and effort into that....I still saw former students doing dumb things on their bikes after they did the course....

Other than a conceal carry firearm, all others should be locked up and when that conceal carry is off, it needs to be secure somewhere.

And what is defined as "easy access?" I've seen kids go to great lengths to get something they want when they know it is there....

Democrat, republican, it don't matter about a political ideology when the safety of youth is involved.

I taught motorcycle courses for a few years and put a lot of pride and effort into that....I still saw former students doing dumb things on their bikes after they did the course....

Other than a conceal carry firearm, all others should be locked up and when that conceal carry is off, it needs to be secure somewhere.

And what is defined as "easy access?" I've seen kids go to great lengths to get something they want when they know it is there....

Democrat, republican, it don't matter about a political ideology when the safety of youth is involved.

Not everyone can afford a safe. Now what?
Enough of the ‘it’s for the children’
Dangerous liberty is just that, dangerous.
I’ll take it any day over all others

Not everyone can afford a safe. Now what?
Enough of the ‘it’s for the children’
Dangerous liberty is just that, dangerous.
I’ll take it any day over all others
The fact is...it is for the children, they are the ones dying because of insecure firearms and irresponsible owners.....

If a person can afford a firearm and all that goes with it, they can afford a gun safe....let's be real.

This is like saying you can afford a motorcycle but not a helmet...

This has nothing to do with liberty or rights, those are already established, this is about being responsible which as you know is not an automatic given with most people.

I've made my argument as far as I'm concerned.

The Family of the child should be charged, period.
Guns, Knives, Hammers, Drunk Drivers, Baseball Bats, and on endlessly.
The HEART is the problem, not the weapon.
Taking my Rights away, that mine and countless others have died to protect over the generations due to peoples actions, is not acceptable.
Responsibility Starts with You & I.
Guns are not toys, yet we have countless air soft that look so real if I had one drawn on me, in that moment of Reaction....
Would I be able to discern the real one from an Air Soft clone, i can honestly say IDK.
Could You or anyone else? IDK, ask the Police officer that has shot someone brandishing one.
This is an endless problem, no removal of my rights or yours will solve.
Starting back at ground wont happen either.
But teaching YOUR children and their children what we were taught growing up, is the only way.

Chicago is the perfect example of how great Gun Control Doesnt work.
The Heart, there is the SOURCE.

The Family of the child should be charged, period.
Guns, Knives, Hammers, Drunk Drivers, Baseball Bats, and on endlessly.
The HEART is the problem, not the weapon.
Taking my Rights away, that mine and countless others have died to protect over the generations due to peoples actions, is not acceptable.
Responsibility Starts with You & I.
Guns are not toys, yet we have countless air soft that look so real if I had one drawn on me, in that moment of Reaction....
Would I be able to discern the real one from an Air Soft clone, i can honestly say IDK.
Could You or anyone else? IDK, ask the Police officer that has shot someone brandishing one.
This is an endless problem, no removal of my rights or yours will solve.
Starting back at ground wont happen either.
But teaching YOUR children and their children what we were taught growing up, is the only way.

Chicago is the perfect example of how great Gun Control Doesnt work.
The Heart, there is the SOURCE.
Again, nobody is taking your firearms...but there has to be a way to secure them better so toddlers and people who shouldn't be touching them...aren't...

Teaching children doesn't work in many cases, especially with the small ones...

There are many cases where a toddler kills someone by mistake as they don't understand what a firearm is...I read a little while ago a toddler killed his mother with her own pistol when he found it in her purse sitting beside him in the shopping cart....yes the parent wasn't responsible with her firearm but that does little to bring her back from the dead to raise her child...

One child killed because of an irresponsible firearm owner is one too many.

Here in Canada replica firearms are subject to the same laws as real ones.

I saw the one where the toddler shot the mother with her own gun.
There are many stories where similar have happened.

And back to the CRUX of the problem.
PARENTS lack of Responsible PARENTING.
No one is Denying Proper gun safety is lacking in most homes.
Nonetheless, Securing your weapon is YOUR responsibility.
RAISING and teaching your kids Guns are not toys, but tools..

And back to the CRUX of the problem.
PARENTS lack of Responsible PARENTING.
No one is Denying Proper gun safety is lacking in most homes.
Nonetheless, Securing your weapon is YOUR responsibility.
RAISING and teaching your kids Guns are not toys, but tools..
Agreed 100%

When the person fails to take that responsibility and a toddler kills either itself or another innocent, what then?

Do we still blame the parents? Of course we do but there needs to be a mechanism in place to hold them accountable. I personally don't think it's a big ask or a breach of a right or freedom.

You served, you know the value of weapon security...there are countless others out there who don't.

There are many firearms in Canadian households...we never have headlines such as what I posted where a toddler kills someone with an unsecure weapon.....

Agreed 100%

When the person fails to take that responsibility and a toddler kills either itself or another innocent, what then?

Do we still blame the parents? Of course we do but there needs to be a mechanism in place to hold them accountable. I personally don't think it's a big ask or a breach of a right or freedom.

You served, you know the value of weapon security...there are countless others out there who don't.

There are many firearms in Canadian households...we never have headlines such as what I posted where a toddler kills someone with an unsecure weapon.....

YOU are a subject not a citizen. I’ll take our style over yours every day.
The reason you don’t have headlines like the one above is because you have to lock up your gun, unloaded and separate from the ammo. That’s a pass for me and millions of other responsible adults in this country.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" is a translation of a Latin phrase that Thomas Jefferson used: "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." It has also been translated as, "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

Jefferson used the Latin phrase in the following letter to James Madison:

Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Jefferson to Madison, January 30, 1787

YOU are a subject not a citizen. I’ll take our style over yours every day.
The reason you don’t have headlines like the one above is because you have to lock up your gun, unloaded and separate from the ammo. That’s a pass for me and millions of other responsible adults in this country.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" is a translation of a Latin phrase that Thomas Jefferson used: "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." It has also been translated as, "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

Jefferson used the Latin phrase in the following letter to James Madison:

Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Jefferson to Madison, January 30, 1787
.....and I'd take mine over yours any day........and.......I am a Canadian citizen....not a Canadian subject....you have us mistaken for another country....

I can walk anywhere in my country and not feel the requirement, need or desire to be armed...that's saying something in my estimate.

What I really don't get is your lackadaisical attitude towards weapon security....children are dying because firearm owners are not responsible....if they were, there'd not be headlines such as that.

YOU may be the most responsible gun owner in the history of gun owners but things happen which can be out of your control just like I outlined in the many posts I made on this subject.

You act as though having weapon security and out of the hands of people in a household who should not be handling them is a horrible thing....it baffles me.

Last edited:
.....and I'd take mine over yours any day........and.......I am a Canadian citizen....not a Canadian subject....you have us mistaken for another country....

I can walk anywhere in my country and not feel the requirement, need or desire to be armed...that's saying something in my estimate.

What I really don't get is your lackadaisical attitude towards weapon security....children are dying because firearm owners are not responsible....if they were, there'd not be headlines such as that.

YOU may be the most responsible gun owner in the history of gun owners but things happen which can be out of your control just like I outlined in the many posts I made on this subject.

You act as though having weapon security and out of the hands of people in a household who should not be handling them is a horrible thing....it baffles me.

You are a subject. Subject to the whims of king Trudeau who rules daily by decree. Sure you can walk wherever you want but you are not free. Free men aren’t forced to take an experimental shot or else. Free men can own firearms and carry them. Whether they want to or need to is irrelevant. They are still free to decide.
I don’t have a lackadaisical attitude toward anything. Pains me just as much as it does you when I see links like the one you posted. Don’t think I’m cold to the deaths of innocent children. Couldn’t be further from the truth. But I am not willing to compromise on certain things to make you or anyone else feeeeeel better.
Again it’s called Dangerous Liberty for a reason.

You are a subject. Subject to the whims of king Trudeau who rules daily by decree. Sure you can walk wherever you want but you are not free. Free men aren’t forced to take an experimental shot or else. Free men can own firearms and carry them. Whether they want to or need to is irrelevant. They are still free to decide.
I don’t have a lackadaisical attitude toward anything. Pains me just as much as it does you when I see links like the one you posted. Don’t think I’m cold to the deaths of innocent children. Couldn’t be further from the truth. But I am not willing to compromise on certain things to make you or anyone else feeeeeel better.
Again it’s called Dangerous Liberty for a reason.
Well, I and the rest of Canadians aren't subjects..

We are just as free as you are, the availability of firearms clearly does not define freedom....the very fact we don't need to carry them around says how free we really are here. We can own firearms and millions of people here do, we just have certain rules and regulations associated with them....these rules and regulations are fine by me as long as we don't have the sorts of headlines I posted. I'd have no issue whatsoever of not owning any firearms, I know many people who don't and they seem perfectly happy with life.

We do have gun violence here, violence perpetrated by criminals with illegal firearms who fortunately target each other with the unfortunate innocent bystander caught up in it from time to time.

What I feel or don't feel is not relevant, it's not Canadian children getting killed or killing others with unsecure firearms due to irresponsible gun owners.

Well, I and the rest of Canadians aren't subjects..

We are just as free as you are, the availability of firearms clearly does not define freedom....the very fact we don't need to carry them around says how free we really are here. We can own firearms and millions of people here do, we just have certain rules and regulations associated with them....these rules and regulations are fine by me as long as we don't have the sorts of headlines I posted. I'd have no issue whatsoever of not owning any firearms, I know many people who don't and they seem perfectly happy with life.

We do have gun violence here, violence perpetrated by criminals with illegal firearms who fortunately target each other with the unfortunate innocent bystander caught up in it from time to time.

What I feel or don't feel is not relevant, it's not Canadian children getting killed or killing others with unsecure firearms due to irresponsible gun owners.

Did your govt force people to get the jab? Yes they did.
If Trudeau woke up tomorrow and decreed all men had to wear pink panties you’d do it or else. No different than a simple sweep of a pen and there goes 1500 different types of pistols. He wills it they are gone.
You’re nowhere near as free as you think or as we are.

Anyway tens of millions of kids who live in households with guns didn’t die today. While it is a seemingly daily event the numbers still show it is an extremely small percentage of the overall amount.

This lacks any level of logic whatsoever,

”Anyway tens of millions of kids who live in households with guns didn’t die today. While it is a seemingly daily event the numbers still show it is an extremely small percentage of the overall amount.”

The ‘jab’ as you uninformed/misinformed people refer to it was, according to the best authorities, a national emergency and a medical necessity. I got them by choice. No one forced me to.

This lacks any level of logic whatsoever,

”Anyway tens of millions of kids who live in households with guns didn’t die today. While it is a seemingly daily event the numbers still show it is an extremely small percentage of the overall amount.”

The ‘jab’ as you uninformed/misinformed people refer to it was, according to the best authorities, a national emergency and a medical necessity. I got them by choice. No one forced me to.

Actually it makes perfect sense. A few kids died from gun violence today and MILLIONS didn’t.
In regards to the jab. Canadians were forced to get it.
Medical necessity? What a load of crap. ‘Best authorities’? Who Fauci? A total liar and covered gain of function research from the very beginning? You still believe that turd?
Explain what good it does?
Double shot, double boosted annnnnd you can still catch it, still carry and still pass it to others. Multiple peer reviewed studies have come out recently showing natural immunity lasts longer and is better as it has zero side effects.
Uninformed/misinformed yeah sure. Simply because some saw right thru it and decided not to get it people like you turn to insults.
I could post plenty of links showing how extremely knowledgeable physicians have done multiple peer reviewed studies but you’d just dismiss them as conspiracy theorists or some other bs rather than actually believing something that goes against the narrative you completely swallowed.
Hmmmm why would Pfizer seek to have the initial testing and research done on the jab sealed for 75yrs? Why are they immune from civil suits regarding side effects and or deaths related? Hmmmmm?

Did your govt force people to get the jab? Yes they did.
If Trudeau woke up tomorrow and decreed all men had to wear pink panties you’d do it or else. No different than a simple sweep of a pen and there goes 1500 different types of pistols. He wills it they are gone.
You’re nowhere near as free as you think or as we are.

Anyway tens of millions of kids who live in households with guns didn’t die today. While it is a seemingly daily event the numbers still show it is an extremely small percentage of the overall amount.
At the time, the immunization against Covid was necessary and the federal government required anyone working in the federal government to be immunized...I agree with that..

People weren't forced to get the immunization outside the federal government, I know many people who never go the vaccine...they just had to wear masks a little longer...

The pandemic was unprecedented....governments had to react as they did, the people expected that reaction...if Covid would have turned out deadly and the governments of the world sat on their hands and did nothing, what would be said then? They made the right call even if you personally don't think they did...

As for the weapons ban, he himself doesn't have the power to ban them, it goes through a parliamentary process and has to be voted on.......Turdeau has a minority government so his own party doesn't have the votes to pass a bill...it takes the help of the other parties to pass it.

As for the deaths of innocent children at the hands of an unsecure weapon....how many is too many...in my estimate 1 child's death is too many....how can you possibly put a percentage on that.

.....and P.S.....nobody is really "free" we have laws to live within a society we have to abide by them or that society fails....these are not laws geared toward an individual but rather the masses....just like laws for weapons, 99% of the gun owners might be responsible and law abiding, all it takes is the 1% to mess it up for everyone else.....and it is the 1% I'm speaking on.

At the time, the immunization against Covid was necessary and the federal government required anyone working in the federal government to be immunized...I agree with that..

People weren't forced to get the immunization outside the federal government, I know many people who never go the vaccine...they just had to wear masks a little longer...

The pandemic was unprecedented....governments had to react as they did, the people expected that reaction...if Covid would have turned out deadly and the governments of the world sat on their hands and did nothing, what would be said then? They made the right call even if you personally don't think they did...

As for the weapons ban, he himself doesn't have the power to ban them, it goes through a parliamentary process and has to be voted on.......Turdeau has a minority government so his own party doesn't have the votes to pass a bill...it takes the help of the other parties to pass it.

As for the deaths of innocent children at the hands of an unsecure weapon....how many is too many...in my estimate 1 child's death is too many....how can you possibly put a percentage on that.

.....and P.S.....nobody is really "free" we have laws to live within a society we have to abide by them or that society fails....these are not laws geared toward an individual but rather the masses....just like laws for weapons, 99% of the gun owners might be responsible and law abiding, all it takes is the 1% to mess it up for everyone else.....and it is the 1% I'm speaking on.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say ‘unless’.
Looking back there are several if not many studies released showing the shutdowns and lockdowns did nothing to stop the spread. We destroyed a flourishing economy for no reason at all. I disagree with your statement ‘it was necessary’ because it wasn’t. When the shot came out every single person who lined up to get it because of what they were told assumed it was one and done and they were now better than those who didn’t. They walked around with their noses up in the air and belittled and insulted people who chose not to get it. Can’t tell you how many times people said to me in regards to my decision not to get ‘well you obviously are selfish and don’t care about others. You could pass it to somebody who could die from it!! How dare you risk other peoples lives with your foolish and selfish decision!’ Guess what? Six months later the govt and lord Fauci came out and said ‘well you should get a booster.’ Once again it made people think they were better than those who still chose not to get it. Now, down the road we know people who got it are no better off than those who didn’t. You can still catch it, still carry it and still pass it to someone else. More people have died as a result of getting the shots than any other so called vaccine in history. Statistics show us the percentage of that is above acceptable. Any other formula would have been pulled from the market a long time ago. While I am personally against it I also have medical conditions and as a result of that my Dr recommended I don’t get it.
What does who you work for or what you do have to do with whether or not you have to get it? The people who work in your federal agencies don’t hang out with ones who don’t? What was the purpose of forcing people to get it or else if they can as I said above still catch, carry and transmit it? The ‘benefits’ of it are still unproven. Nobody can say with certainty that if you got the shot you were better off. Even the potus was double ‘vaxxed’ and double boosted. He still got it. Took the COVID pill which of course Pfizer makes. And after taking it guess what? He caught it again. So four shots of an experimental witches brew basically did nothing. Nobody can say with absolute certainty that if he hadn’t gotten any of them that he would have been worse off. My mother is 81. She’s had it twice. I’ve had it twice as well. Both times my immune system kicked in and did what it was supposed to do. Both times afterward I got antibody tests. Both times my antibody numbers came back and were higher than those for people who had gotten the shot/s.
Question for you. Why do they not call it the ‘Flu vaccine’? Simple answer is because it isn’t one. Why they continue to insist on calling this one the ‘covid vaccine’ when we can see it isn’t one? Just call it what it is no different than the flu. Flu shot, covid shot’. None of what I just said should be construed as me saying it doesn’t work. It may indeed help. It may indeed prevent worse conditions than without. I would just prefer they allow people to make a decision for themselves based on their own condition and advise from their own DRs.

On innocent children deaths regarding unsecured weapons sure 1 is too many. Reasonable things should be discussed and looked at as solutions to prevent the next one. Fine I agree with that. But making it a law where all guns have to be secured I’m don’t support. Making it law like Canada did where the gun not only has to be locked up but it has to be unloaded and ammo kept separate is just plain stupid if you ask me. If a gun is locked up in my 2,000lb safe than what difference does it’s condition make? It doesn’t. There is no such thing as the Castle Doctrine in Canada. You don’t have a recognized right to defend yourself in your own home.
When Hollywood stops glorifying violence come talk to me about guns.
When they disclose the types of drugs many kids are on as well as the side effects of them come talk to me about guns.
When they do their best to provide mental health care for kids than coke talk to me about guns.
But it is always their simple solution to pass more laws. Whether or not the politician spewing that actually believes it is irrelevant because the people who listen to them do believe it. And they also believe that another law related to guns will stop or prevent the next one. The glaring fact is that in their desire to pass another gun law it is an admission that the gun laws already on the books don’t work. All this is is simple grandstanding from politicians trying to convince people that ‘if we can just pass this law we can prevent XYZ.’ That’s a fantasy and they know it.
One of the things that makes this country the greatest on earth is that we for now still have the right to agree to disagree. I am perfectly fine with people having different opinions than me. As long as what I do or own doesn’t affect them then I should be able to freely choose. Same goes for them. But we are now in a time where differing opinions especially those from conservatives like me are ridiculed, insulted and expected to ‘get in line’ and change. You cannot have a simple conversation with many if not most liberals these days because as soon as they realize you don’t and won’t agree with them they start yelling and screaming and hurling insults at you. ‘Think my way or else’ is their current philosophy.
Biden was completely silent and hiding in his basement during the summer of 2020 when we saw unprecedented nation wide riots and unrest. The entire left side was out chanting ‘defund the police’. Many cities and some states did just that. Many people actually supported sending an unarmed social worker to a potentially violent domestic disturbance call. THEY created and fueled the lawlessness we saw. And now, now that crime rates have soared to record numbers in some liberal places and cities NYC for example they do a 180? Only now that his poll numbers are approaching record lows sleepy gets up on stage and says ‘support the police’. On stage saying you can’t be ‘pro police if you don’t support the 1/6 investigation’. The man ran on a platform of UNITY yet every single day he and the people pulling his strings continue to divide us.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say ‘unless’.
Looking back there are several if not many studies released showing the shutdowns and lockdowns did nothing to stop the spread. We destroyed a flourishing economy for no reason at all. I disagree with your statement ‘it was necessary’ because it wasn’t. When the shot came out every single person who lined up to get it because of what they were told assumed it was one and done and they were now better than those who didn’t. They walked around with their noses up in the air and belittled and insulted people who chose not to get it. Can’t tell you how many times people said to me in regards to my decision not to get ‘well you obviously are selfish and don’t care about others. You could pass it to somebody who could die from it!! How dare you risk other peoples lives with your foolish and selfish decision!’ Guess what? Six months later the govt and lord Fauci came out and said ‘well you should get a booster.’ Once again it made people think they were better than those who still chose not to get it. Now, down the road we know people who got it are no better off than those who didn’t. You can still catch it, still carry it and still pass it to someone else. More people have died as a result of getting the shots than any other so called vaccine in history. Statistics show us the percentage of that is above acceptable. Any other formula would have been pulled from the market a long time ago. While I am personally against it I also have medical conditions and as a result of that my Dr recommended I don’t get it.
What does who you work for or what you do have to do with whether or not you have to get it? The people who work in your federal agencies don’t hang out with ones who don’t? What was the purpose of forcing people to get it or else if they can as I said above still catch, carry and transmit it? The ‘benefits’ of it are still unproven. Nobody can say with certainty that if you got the shot you were better off. Even the potus was double ‘vaxxed’ and double boosted. He still got it. Took the COVID pill which of course Pfizer makes. And after taking it guess what? He caught it again. So four shots of an experimental witches brew basically did nothing. Nobody can say with absolute certainty that if he hadn’t gotten any of them that he would have been worse off. My mother is 81. She’s had it twice. I’ve had it twice as well. Both times my immune system kicked in and did what it was supposed to do. Both times afterward I got antibody tests. Both times my antibody numbers came back and were higher than those for people who had gotten the shot/s.
Question for you. Why do they not call it the ‘Flu vaccine’? Simple answer is because it isn’t one. Why they continue to insist on calling this one the ‘covid vaccine’ when we can see it isn’t one? Just call it what it is no different than the flu. Flu shot, covid shot’. None of what I just said should be construed as me saying it doesn’t work. It may indeed help. It may indeed prevent worse conditions than without. I would just prefer they allow people to make a decision for themselves based on their own condition and advise from their own DRs.

On innocent children deaths regarding unsecured weapons sure 1 is too many. Reasonable things should be discussed and looked at as solutions to prevent the next one. Fine I agree with that. But making it a law where all guns have to be secured I’m don’t support. Making it law like Canada did where the gun not only has to be locked up but it has to be unloaded and ammo kept separate is just plain stupid if you ask me. If a gun is locked up in my 2,000lb safe than what difference does it’s condition make? It doesn’t. There is no such thing as the Castle Doctrine in Canada. You don’t have a recognized right to defend yourself in your own home.
When Hollywood stops glorifying violence come talk to me about guns.
When they disclose the types of drugs many kids are on as well as the side effects of them come talk to me about guns.
When they do their best to provide mental health care for kids than coke talk to me about guns.
But it is always their simple solution to pass more laws. Whether or not the politician spewing that actually believes it is irrelevant because the people who listen to them do believe it. And they also believe that another law related to guns will stop or prevent the next one. The glaring fact is that in their desire to pass another gun law it is an admission that the gun laws already on the books don’t work. All this is is simple grandstanding from politicians trying to convince people that ‘if we can just pass this law we can prevent XYZ.’ That’s a fantasy and they know it.
One of the things that makes this country the greatest on earth is that we for now still have the right to agree to disagree. I am perfectly fine with people having different opinions than me. As long as what I do or own doesn’t affect them then I should be able to freely choose. Same goes for them. But we are now in a time where differing opinions especially those from conservatives like me are ridiculed, insulted and expected to ‘get in line’ and change. You cannot have a simple conversation with many if not most liberals these days because as soon as they realize you don’t and won’t agree with them they start yelling and screaming and hurling insults at you. ‘Think my way or else’ is their current philosophy.
Biden was completely silent and hiding in his basement during the summer of 2020 when we saw unprecedented nation wide riots and unrest. The entire left side was out chanting ‘defund the police’. Many cities and some states did just that. Many people actually supported sending an unarmed social worker to a potentially violent domestic disturbance call. THEY created and fueled the lawlessness we saw. And now, now that crime rates have soared to record numbers in some liberal places and cities NYC for example they do a 180? Only now that his poll numbers are approaching record lows sleepy gets up on stage and says ‘support the police’. On stage saying you can’t be ‘pro police if you don’t support the 1/6 investigation’. The man ran on a platform of UNITY yet every single day he and the people pulling his strings continue to divide us.
I would expect you will be dealing with tougher firearm regulations in your lifetime.....

I have discussed this with you to no avail....we are at an impasse as I don't think you are reading my posts or choose to not care about their content. Mental health amongst the youth has nothing to do with a toddler finding and using a firearm left within their reach (and the reach of most young children is pretty vast). Knock our laws here in Canada all you want but our toddlers are dying because of irresponsible gun owners and that's just fine with me.

As for what happened during the pandemic, nobody can read the future to see what that virus was capable of-including you...if the governments of the world did nothing and this thing got out of hand and started killing off swaths of the population, I really don't think that would bold very well either. What was done was needed to be done...

If you could have done better, you need to be running for a political platform or get your Doctorate so you can advise the government on what they should be doing.

Back