It has begun:  the painting of the busa

sportrider1296

Donating Member
Registered
Well, if you don't know I bought this busa in NJ damaged with only 2500 miles on it. It now has over 6,000 miles and I love it. So now that I'm on spring break from school I decided to dig in and get this paint work down before the weather got pretty. So far I've spent one day plastic welding, one day doing body work, and one day sanding and priming the parts. Today I'm wet sanding my primed parts and I hope to get some color on them this evening if it warms up. No I'm not spilling the beans on the colors yet, but I will post soon. Gotta make you wait for it. Anyways let me know what you guys think.

The first picture is of the parts with all the body work done and sanded ready for primer.

busa_paint_005.jpg

All right, I teased you long enough.

Base color is Plymouth Prowler flame orange pearlcoat shot over white to make the brillance show up lighter.

Trim color is viper black

and decals are chrome.

I just shot it this afternoon in the orange, so tommorow is fine line taping and painting some back. Then decals and clear. I will post more pictures later.
cool.gif

Hey no NAKED pics on here.
biggrin.gif
Make sure you let us see it when you are done. Sounds like a hell of a paint job.

Back