is this normal?

liverpool1208

Registered
Hi please take a look at the video i have uploaded... I noticed that when i rev the bike, it sometimes hits up till only 8-9 and sometimes till 11. Is this normal? My bike shop mechenic changed the fuel pump and said he's not sure what the problem could be.. any help here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's normal but that's seems like a good way to destroy an engine.

ok problem is my bike can't go higher than 240km. So that's when i noticed the bike does not want to rev or sometimes gets stuck at 8-9k as in the video. So if by doing this i am destroying the engine ... please advise how else do i check to see if my bike will be able to rev above 8-9k? thanks

p.s: this is a 2nd hand bike i got recently which has some other issues as well. Most of them was fixed except for this issue i have now...

Ok i've been reading around and i just learned that the rev limit is up till 11k and not 13k. But if you notice the first rev... it didn't go above 9. Sometimes this happens... does anyone know why? fuel pump is new and changed just 2 days ago...

kinda looks like a new valve job in the making...lol.. maybe clogged fuel injectors ...i dont know. try some wynns power surge .. its great stuff.. or maybe just dont bounce it off the limiter. :welcome:

kinda looks like a new valve job in the making...lol.. maybe clogged fuel injectors ...i dont know. try some wynns power surge .. its great stuff.. or maybe just dont bounce it off the limiter. :welcome:

Do you mean my valve is going to spoil anytime soon? sorry my english is bad. maybe the injectors might be clogged and i don't know as i'm not a hands on person and i have my busa with me for just about 3 weeks now. And i do not dare to open up the bike and touch anything... spark plugs were changed, tuned, new fuel pump.. and still it's not about to rev as it should at times...

To answer your question - no it's not normal. You've said you're not a hands-on guy, there's something askew with the engine - you're going to need to take it to a shop or find a mechanic friend that works for beer. Sadly, diagnosing/repairing online via forum isn't typically a very effective way to solve a mechanical problem (or health problem, or interpersonal problem or probably even a math problem - too many varying opinions based on partial information and wildly different backgrounds and experiences). Good luck!

To answer your question - no it's not normal. You've said you're not a hands-on guy, there's something askew with the engine - you're going to need to take it to a shop or find a mechanic friend that works for beer. Sadly, diagnosing/repairing online via forum isn't typically a very effective way to solve a mechanical problem (or health problem, or interpersonal problem or probably even a math problem - too many varying opinions based on partial information and wildly different backgrounds and experiences). Good luck!

agreed with you

Back