Is this a good bike to buy

Lamb boy, what did you expect?

But we did answer your question did'nt we!

The Busa has changed our lives (oh Yeah!), now back to the Flow................

GO buy that under 10K Busa, don't walk RUN!!!

201, you said in detail what most of us have experienced with this machine. If you love big sportbikes, one ride on this one will drive you to doing questionable things to in order to get it.

If a friend hadn't dangled his key in front of me and told me to take his bike for a cruise, I probably would have just kept telling myself the same thing. "I sure would like to own one of those, yeah, that would be great, yeah, eventually I'll do it, etc., etc." After that ride it took a little over a month and it was done. And the dealerships were out of them at that time. A ride changes it from a neat idea to an obsession, something you just have to do.

I second ROR. I walked past one barely noticing it the first time. It stuck in my head until I hustled a 5 min ride. Kind of like after my first sex, I had to have more, forever.

Yes thats correct, when I first looked at one in a mag I thought, no way. But after looking at one in the shop I started to like it. And after reading about them in the mag's I wanted to ride one, and after spending 10min on one. The first words ( DO THE PAPERS THIS ONES BELONG TO ME ) :)

Jon, your basic question was answered. A couple of your peripheral questions were not, primarily because none of us really give a s*** about them and can't fathom why anyone would even ask them.
I really meant it when I urged you to find a way to ride a Busa if you are in the market, even if you have to hop a plane. Until you ride one, all of our words of advice mean nothing. If you aren't willing to find a way to get a ride, you aren't really serious.

Ok then,... anybody here on the board live in cda?,.. alberta to be exact? Perhaps this person would be kind enough to let me ride a slower bike once the roads clear. Thx

Ok then,.. the flow rates was a serious question. The tire tire presure was a smartass one, promted by someone else on a previous reply. here is my bike http://www.sdsefi.com/features/feature3.html The system was designed and built by myself. the end goal for the 900 is 300 hp. If I snag a busa, it will be turbocharged, there fore the flowrates of the injectors was a serious question, but no doubt they are to small anyway. The 900 is pretty stable at speed with 182mph being the top so far but a simple gearing change will let it run 207 at redline. Lotsa money and time in that bike.

Jon the man to ask about the injectors would be MR MOTORHEAD, he is the resident techno in that field. I assume he could field your questions try starting a new thread and ask MR MOTORHEAD.

So which color are you considering?

Looks good. But if you get a Suzuki brochure or a copy of a magazine test of the Hayabusa, you will probably know as much about the injectors as most of the owners who post here. The thing has four 46mm throttle bodies. Until I can get a factory manual, I won't know much more about it than that.

But if you are interested in building a Hayabusa, there is a lot of info. on doing that. All you have to do is ask, directly, or do a search of previous posts here. Turbo Rick, one of the LABusas who posts here, is a turbocharging guru who broke the official 200 mph mark for a 2-way pass on his Busa, a first for the "Stock-appearing" category.

His Busa is stock displacement, not turbocharged, stock tires, stock exhaust, stock etc., etc. He has a turbo GSX-R1100 that he built himself which puts out 400 HP. You might know who he is.

Rick is not the only one here with knowledge. If you really want to know, just ask a reasonable question and people won't mistake you for a squid. The Hayabusa is built like a brick s h i t house. If you do it right, this bike will take it and laugh.

Jon,

If you ask anyone on any board (site) about the bike that they own (regardless of any problems they are experiencing) their going to tell you its the greatest bike in the world. Do yourself a favor, the most important thing you need to determine is if you're comfortable on that bike. If possible try to test drive it. I would suggest waiting to see all the comparisons that will be coming out very shortly, and weigh all the results in a way that fits YOU and then decide. Don't be impatient and jump the gun. You know what's good for you.

Koz

Back