To anyone using a Dynojet PC II

OB_Gary

Registered
Could use a little info here if you are using a DJ PC II. TL riders are having a slight problem with the unit. If your TPS is set dead on without the PC II, and then you install the PC II, the TPS changes (and it shouldn't). With the bike in "Dealer Mode" at 1200 RPM idle the indicator should be at the middle marker. When the PC II is in-line, the mark goes to the next level up. Has anyone noticed this when connected to a 'Busa? Trying to get an idea if it's a PC II overall problem, or just with the TL ECU.

Thanx

The install instructions on the PC tell you to set the TPS right, at least they did with our 750 race bike..... what's the big deal?

I never disconnected the PC2 and reconnected to check the difference to the tps.
Mine is in the mail as of today. I sent it next day to DynoJet to check out the twitch or hicup. I am running the Yosh.
What problem does this cause? Does it run bad?

And what does Dyno Jet say?

Bob

DynoJet told me that the TPS does need to be reset after installation due to a slight drop in voltage with the increased length in wiring. They told me to set the TPS after installing the PC II. This is something that should be in the paperwork!

Yes, it had a real problem right around 3k running smooth, some real bad surges. I'll let you know what happens after I set the TPS.

The hickup and rough running at 3000 will not go away...see bob he may can help you ...your map will probably have to be changed at low throttle positions.

Gary,
I really did not have surging at that speed, with the TPS set so the PC2 read 0% throttle position (on the laptop PC display when connected at idle).
My issue was that i had a slight bog or lag at 2000-2500 rpm. It was very minor and i am very picky.
Surging is a lean condition generally.
CALL DYNOJET and explain whats going on. If you have a problem they are very helpful and seem to be technically familiar with their product.
Bob

Back