Who is me

OB_Gary

Registered
Okay...first things first...I DON'T OWN A 'BUSA!

Okay with that said, if you kind people will allow me to peek into your wonderful domain, I promise to never post messages containing "If I had one, I'd..." or "If you had a !@#!! bike you wouldn't have that problem!"

I own two three bikes as of now. '85 FJ1100, '88 KX250, and a '99 TL1000R.

Why am I here? I find a lot of useful information on different discussion groups no matter what you own. The TL and the 'Busa are both Fuel Injected bikes. Discussions on Oil, Tires, etc. are easily used for any bike.

I realize you people will be a little bias when it comes to your bike, and I have no problem with that. I’m sure you could eat my TL alive on a straight…but on a good twisty? We won’t go there :-)

I am most interested in problems the ‘Busa is having. Some of the TL’s seemed to be plagued with minor problems…keeping my fingers crossed…mine has been faithful to me.

My FJ1100 now has close to 30K on it. I have been FJing since 1984, biking for 30 years. The FJ has been the best bike I’ve ever owned. It’s still going strong. I wanted something a little newer to play with so I picked up the TLR. When picking it up my wife saw the ‘Busa. Her comment was “Honey…how much is THAT ONE! She stepped back when I told her the insurance was $1500 a year full coverage. BTW, this dealer would have sold it to me for $9600, paid $8600 for the TLR. You can see my TLR at my bike pics page at http://home.adelphia.net/~gforeman and FJ related info at http://www.fj1100.com.

Well, this ran a lot longer than I expected, sorry!

Gary F.

Welcome Gary and thanks for the introduction. Feel free to join right in with the discussions. We don't mind at all if you don't own a Busa. We only hope for a little courtesy and civility from all. A little common sense helps too. :) Doesn't look like you have a problem with any of those!

Hey Gary, be careful about Todd. He lures you on with kind and gentlemanly behavior, then he'll catch you in some kind of theoretical self-contradiction and just leave you wriggling there.

One thing for sure, don't ever mention that FJ business to Todd again.

And don't accept any invitations to trade e-mail addresses with him.

For God's sake.

Gary, a few of us here are non-owners or not-yet 'Busa owners...some are hecklers, and Todd has kind of been the ass-chewing rottweiler (hehe).

So you've got an almost-new FJ, huh? At this point I have only one bike, an '82 GS1100E bought new in '83...75,000 miles on it and counting. The Hayabusa calls to me in the night. I finally got a good career started, I'm saving a downpayment for my first home, and Suzuki has to come out with it NOW.

I'm telling myself, let them work out the first-year bugs, let's see what Kasawacki can come up with first, etc., etc. I'm running out of excuses. If I have to go visit my local Suzuki dealership a few more times, I know I'm going to break down and do the deed. My parents will be really disappointed (smiling).

I still can't believe I talked the wife into letting me keep both the FJ and the TLR! She hates riding on the TLR...so that was the kicker. She really liked the busa, but the money was too much (insurance). Besides, it would have fallen into the same catagory as the FJ as far as riding, and I wanted a corner carver just for fun. I'm afraid if I go for a busa, the FJ may have to go...and I haven't ruled it out all together. I have one son starting college in a year, and another 2 years behind him...so I guess these will stay for a while.

I agree on the first year bugs thing. There were some minor issues corrected between the '98 and '99 TLRs.

Back