Is the Hayabusa really top heavy?

reigculously
What?
drinka.gif

The busa is not "Top Heavy"

Just "Heavy"!

Acutally it is balanced quite well. Weighs about the same on both ends and handles very well for such a big heavy beast!

The problem is that the Busa looks so awesome (and big) it is one hell of an intimidating bike. Some of my friends will not even think about riding mine. They say she looks like 1k lbs!

They do not know what they are missing!

i USED TO THINK THE BUSA GOT A LITTLE TOP HEAVY WHEN TOTALLY FULL OF GAS, UNTIL I RAISED THE TANK. MOST OF THE GAS IS DOWN LOW AND THE TANK HOLLOW FOR THE AIRBOX. THE TOP HEAVY FEEL WAS IN MY HEAD. THE BUSA IS A VERY WELL HANDLING BIKE. PLENTY NIMBLE WHILE GIVING GREAT STABILITY AT SPEED. I ONCE HAD A GUY TELL ME BUSAS DONT STEER. I DONT KNOW. COUNTERSTEER, COUNTERSTEER!

I rode a '85 ninja 900 for 14 years.  I could ride the crap out of that bike.  Scraping pegs on both sides in a parking lot in practice drills.  When I upgraded to the BUSA in Dec. I went lighter, faster, better handling, better looking, and all anybody tells me is that they hear that the BUSA doesn't handle.  WTF!  It handles like a dream.  99% of my riding isn't extreme switchbacks.
Maybe my riding style was already suited to BUSA.   conservative entrance speeds, look around the corner, set my line, and...throttle!  It is in the rider!  It is what your used to already!

Umm, No Not "TOP" heavy... Just fuggin Heavy. At least by modern sporting machine standards, it's a big ole fossil. BUT, NOT top heavy, the weight is primarily carried where it should be, but there is just alot of it. But it's a lightweight when compared to how "TOP" heavy an ST1300 or FJR feels.

I've had several people (friends) that own smaller bikes, litre bikes, and when given the chance have flat turned down the offer to ride my 'busa.
They ALL said it was too much bike. I don't quite know what they meant?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

I don't really get the jest of this post prolly mainly cuz im 6'4" and 290lbs and don't have a problem with moving the busa around I have ridden a couple newer liter bikes and even a gixxer750 and ya they are lighter and easier to toss around but the busa is still capable of the same type of turning performance that the others give, well at least at my riding level. I know i'm nowhere near a great rider and I think that is why the busa fits me so well because it doesn't beg to be pushed thru corners it just kinda swallows then and says ok the road is straight again now FEED ME!!!! lol
Jay

I don't think it's top heavy. Just heavier than liter bikes. When you pick in up off it's side
sad.gif
it's heavy until you get the tires on the ground, then it goes right up.
I came off a 93 GSXR 750 and right on to the Busa and the handling felt the same. You can flick the Busa side to side in the really tight stuff with practice.

I rode a '85 ninja 900 for 14 years.  I could ride the crap out of that bike.  Scraping pegs on both sides in a parking lot in practice drills.  When I upgraded to the BUSA in Dec. I went lighter, faster, better handling, better looking, and all anybody tells me is that they hear that the BUSA doesn't handle.  WTF!  It handles like a dream.  99% of my riding isn't extreme switchbacks.
Maybe my riding style was already suited to BUSA.   conservative entrance speeds, look around the corner, set my line, and...throttle!  It is in the rider!  It is what your used to already!
That's the one I had. Still have fond memories of that bike...

Back