Is Motul 300V 10W40 decent oil. I just put in my bike...

motomc1

Registered
and it wasn't cheap. The guy behind the parts counter, whom I know and has been wrenching for years, said it's good stuff for down here in the heart of Texas. First time I have used "green" oil!

The question is for anybody who has actually used the oil. Obviously if someone hasen't used it they wouldn't have an opinion on it.

Thanks. I'm not afraid of it being bad for my bike. I really am wondering if it might possibly be a better oil for the high temperatures we are going to start having. In all reality i am Obsessive Compulsive about my bikes when I first get them (wanting everything perfect) and then I return to normal in a couple of weeks and remember that nothing in the REAL WORLD is perfect except for the actual art of riding itself! lol

I have used Motul 300V in my last 2 bike ... cbr 929 and now my busa ... and i would have to say i love it ... don think i would use anything else. smoothed out my shifts and seems to make the bike run a lil cooler. I would say a great pick... but yea you are right it does cost a pretty penny....

Thanks folks. i'm finally over my "new to me" used bike Obcessive Compulsive Disorder. Only thing I might do is the cam chain tensioner "stick the allen key in the hole and push till you hear a click" adjustment as it is a little noisey. I can live with it either way as I know it's not going to hurt anything.

I have used everything and just recently filled er up with Motul 300. My buddy I got it from said when they were doin Dyno & Strip runs at Muzzy's they allways got a couple extra HP with the Motul.

I like it so far ... 200 miles. Smoother, less false nuetrals. A gal here cost $56, how much where u are?

Pretty much the same price here. Probably does make it run a hair cooler. Hot Texas weather is soon to be here! Glad I put that Muzzy fan blade on!

Back