Is Honda copying my Z900RS?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
They claim more ponies, 140 @ the crank and a “modern” chassis (does that mean not heavy as usual?). Sure looks similar.

What happened to my pics? I’ll try again and BTW it’s not the CB1100 it’s an F model, a 998cc. Mine‘s a 948 for some reason.:D The rear rotor is on the other side and it has twin horns but the forks, calipers, underside CAT, the 4 into 1 megaphone exhaust and the wheels are similar too. Did Honda buy one to copy?:laugh:

Sheesh! Hey Cap, something’s screwey with the photo posting. This is my third try. Did you see them @RedBull? Second try got me a blank post.
96AB4067-E4C4-4657-B695-5795B6FEB35C.png
767EA3B7-08DF-4FBC-9407-572D6A559B3C.png

The Honda looks a lot like their original CB lines from back in the day as well as the Kawi looks like their original...the two looked similar when they were new in the '70s.

It only makes sense they look similar now.

Both good looking bikes.

The tank and side panels on the Kawi are so close to the original KZ's of the late 70's; gorgeous. I like the single sided swingarm on the Honda and I'll bet the bike works great, but to me no comparison as far as looks. Kawi always had the lines while to me, Honda always looked blocky.

Back