Is Busa Safe After 150cc Bike?

Mahbub

Registered
TO ALL BIKERS HERE, I NEED YOUR HELP. Is it safe to buy a Suzuki Hayabusa after practising on a 150cc bike? Many say that we should gradually go from 150cc to 400cc to 600cc to 750cc then think of Hayabusa. But the problem is I live in India and according to Indian Govt. rule, if i am to import below 800cc bike then the cost is much much more, so a Kawasaki Ninja 636cc costs 19000$ in India when it should cost 13000$ .. a Suzuki GSX R 750cc would cost same like 20000$ when it should cost 13000$. I cant spend that much. So is it safe to go to a Hayabusa after practising of a 150cc bike?

TO ALL BIKERS HERE, I NEED YOUR HELP. Is it safe to buy a Suzuki Hayabusa after practising on a 150cc bike? Many say that we should gradually go from 150cc to 400cc to 600cc to 750cc then think of Hayabusa. But the problem is I live in India and according to Indian Govt. rule, if i am to import below 800cc bike then the cost is much much more, so a Kawasaki Ninja 636cc costs 19000$ in India when it should cost 13000$ .. a Suzuki GSX R 750cc would cost same like 20000$ when it should cost 13000$. I cant spend that much. So is it safe to go to a Hayabusa after practising of a 150cc bike?

I can see your dilemma and a fast bike can be ridden slowly but remember this. A 150 has maybe 15 horsepower at the motor and will do maybe 80mph. A first generation Hayabusa will have maybe 160 horsepower at the wheel and will do about 180 mph. If you get one, slip the clutch a bit when pulling away and shift it at 3,000 for the first few hundred miles, at least in the first four gears. Good luck!

yes that is what i plan to.. first two years of intensice practice on a 150... then 4 to six months of slow hayabusa riding in empty places at speed of 40 to 60 kmh.. then onto roads.. is that good?

How good of an idea it is, is directly related to the maturity level of the person in question. If you can control the desire to twist your wrist then it's safe.

my first bike was an 86 GSXR 1100 so I don't see why not. they only make power wen to twist the throttle

Having seen your countrymen over here ride I would say he'll no. Shorts t shirts sandals are a big no no. Seriously dude . Having seen your roads , the mere fact you can buy them there shows there's no thought by Suzuki into common sense marketing . I see here on a weekly basis ethnic riders taking huge risks on bike too powerful for them. Get more skill /practice before looking at the busa

Just remember the 'Busa can get you into trouble in an instance. In the U.K. its the insurance costs that keep people on smaller bikes until they have a lot of 'No-Claim' years.

A 150cc bike is going to hurt you if you mess about on it ... A Busa will smear you everywhere and its an easy bike to do big speed on without realising.

Back