when to service after 15000

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
So I was looking in the maintenace manual. I noticed that at 11000 mi it jumps from 3500 to 4000 so the next service is 15000 so does that means the the next service after 15000 is at 18500 or 19000. Also what should I do besides oil change, lube the chain and check bolts.

Its hard to believe that my bike is just over a year old and I am quickly coming up on 20000 mi.

I service every 1500 miles regardless.except for the chain and bolt checks.and a few other checks.cant be careful enough with any machine of this caliber or capability.
bowdown.gif

1st service - 600
2nd - 4000
3rd - 7500 (I think)
4th - 11,000

I'm up for my 11,000 mile service next (10,200). I'm not sure on the mileage of the next service.

Unless you guys are stamp crazy and want a cute little entry in your owners manual you don't need to have this bike serviced.

Except by YOU!

You don't need to have your valves adjusted like they say and everything else is overkill.

All torque adjustments, fluid changes, head light adjustments, etc., etc., should and CAN be done by YOU without tossing the large ticket amount at the dealer or service tech because "they say" you have too.

Go ahead! Buy some Goop Hand Cleaner, download a Busa service manual, get your fingernails dirty and save the money that they will try to take from you for all of the things that you can do!

I'm thinking 4K, no dirt roads, no heavy traffic, no dawging the shid out of it everytime you throw a leg across it.

(Cookie @ Jun. 26 2007,23:08) I'm thinking it's a waste of money!

Y O U D O N O T N E E D I T ! ! !

Comprende?
bluegrab.gif
I'm speaking oil and filter
wink.gif
You do change your oil and filter, right
laugh.gif

(Cookie @ Jun. 26 2007,19:45) All torque adjustments, fluid changes, head light adjustments, etc., etc., should and CAN be done by YOU without tossing the large ticket amount at the dealer or service tech because "they say" you have too.
biggrin.gif

(Cookie @ Jun. 26 2007,23:16)
(Cookie @ Jun. 26 2007,19:45) All torque adjustments, fluid changes, head light adjustments, etc., etc., should and CAN be done by YOU without tossing the large ticket amount at the dealer or service tech because "they say" you have too.
biggrin.gif
Comprende

Back