Iridium IX Spark Plugs

I just installed them on my 06 this year. I talked to brock about it and he said that there is a measurable advantage to them but it is small. i havent noticed any difference. i dont think you would except on a dyno and even then very slight i would think.

Spark plugs are spark plugs, they either ignite the A/F mixture or they don't. All the specialty materials do is extend plug life. The power improvement noticed on the dyno comes from installing a plug that does not have carbon fouling/electrode erosion of the old plug. FWIW I use iridium plugs myself because I think it gives better reliability between plug changes and allows me to change plugs less often.

Spark plugs are spark plugs, they either ignite the A/F mixture or they don't. All the specialty materials do is extend plug life. The power improvement noticed on the dyno comes from installing a plug that does not have carbon fouling/electrode erosion of the old plug. FWIW I use iridium plugs myself because I think it gives better reliability between plug changes and allows me to change plugs less often.

+1, exactly..........

Back